Parts Painted

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I got the body parts back from Maaco. Looks like they did a good job again! The last 2 pictures are before and after where the crack was fixed.
I wanted a dark gray SUZUKI and Kanji but this is too light. Guess I'll have to go with black.

Freah Painted Parts.jpg

Freah Painted Parts 03.jpg

Freah Painted Parts 04.jpg

Freah Painted Parts 05.jpg

Freah Painted Parts 06.jpg

Fixing Crack 02.jpg

what did they charge? That looks great for Maaco. That painter wont be there long.

Any runs? Did you prep it?

He indeed did prep it...did quite a write up too MoeMar :)

Looks great Willie! Got me thinking I need to investigate new paint for Caesar; he's showing his age too much lately :)

:thumbsup:

I did fix on crack, they did general prep. No runs or drips, pretty awesome quality. Cost less than $300! Crazy :thumbsup:

lacquer? polyurethane? Clear? how many coats?

2 coat poly with clear (they swear 2 coats!). Both the silver and the blue are Honda Accord/Civic colors (not sure what year). This is not "show quality" paint, but it has been durable and shines with a little rub down. Don't get me wrong, this is mass production paint. If you are looking to have the best paint on the block this ain't it. But if you want the bike to look good and would rather spend you money on performance mods than slick paint then this is a good alternative.

Also I found out my insurance company does not paint plastic - they replace it with OEM. That means that little scratch becomes a $1-$2K issue fast. Sometimes its better to handle things yourself when it comes to insurance companies :whistle:

From that angle the kanji and Suzuki look great in my opinion. It probably looks different in person though. It seems to be there just enough for some one that is really looking to see it, but not enough that it is the focal point of the paint.

That looks great! We will be riding before you know it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Beautiful weahter for you to be putting her back togther today too. :)

I kind of like the "ghost" Kanji.

Looks great.I may be looking for a new painter if mine doesnt get my stuff done soon.Are your kanjis airburushed on??

Back