My mounted camera...

Woot! Gotta try that. Lower the better.

Here we attached it to the underside of the rear swingarm.

kevin_gopro_affix.jpg

kevin_gopro_affix.jpg

Yea, i just bought this camera and now just have to adjust the contrast and brightness so video dosent look all washed out.

It's an interesting angle, but IMO, it's only interesting for about 60 seconds, then it becomes visually monotone. If you had a second camera, either helmet cam or on the bike looking through the windscreen and then edited the two angels together, that would be cool.

If you put a polarizing filter on the camera, it would improve the contrast so it wouldn't look washed out.

As an off topic observation, I find it interesting that when you stop, you put your right foot down instead of your left. I wonder how many others do that. I usually use my front brake to stop but add the back brake for the final few feet then put my left foot down and keep the bike from rolling with the rear brake.

That is an interesting spot for sure - wonder how far you'd have to lean before it touched....

I like having my left foot on the shifter so that's why I normally put right foot down...

??? I dunno, makes it sound like an electric bike to me with all the whirling & whining. Maybe you just need a Brock's Alienhead on there. :laugh:

That would be a good spot to film some power wheelies.. Just sayin'... :whistle:

Purdy white socks :laugh:

Cool angle.

If this is a gopro than I believe it autofocuses and balances white. You have it turned down to low and it is trying to focus on the grey of the road and not horizon. Turn it up more to focus on less of the street and more of the background horizon. It may balance out itself. Besides you need to turn it up a bit more as the street gets boring quick. Need to see more of what's in front you to keep our eyes busy.

And I don't think I really have a fav foot to put down. Either one goes down but I always stop in first gear.

As far a which foot to put down....
I taught my daughters to cover the rear brake pedal so that if they needed it they could use it.
So therefore put your left foot down.
Starting out (from neutral) they could put it into to first gear and start with the left foot up and the right one down.

I'm sure that some people do it differently. I still believe that when stopping, that covering the rear brake is best.
But they doesn't mean that it's the only way or the best way it's just what I like to do. To each his own......

About the video, I agree that if you had two cameras and could switch back and forth between them
that would be much more interesting.

Back