exhaust/air filter question

johnnyo

Registered
I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, so whats one more time----added Yosh TRS slip-ons to my 06(with quiet inserts in place), now want add a K&N filter. Without a PC or tune, will it be too lean? Or, will it be ok, just not at max potential? As a footnote, seems to run better w/inserts in slip-ons....

Regards, John

most of the restriction is in the headers. I believe the stock filter flows better than the k&n filter. I know it has been discussed here before. everything should be ok. If you are concerned, which it sounds like you are, just get it tuned. The money spent will be worth your peace of mind.

you need a dyno or onboard logger to see if it's ok, never assume. I have seen bikes that didn't need a pc with full exhaust and have seen some that were on the leanest side and needed them right then.. you can't guess rich or lean by seat of the pants, or sniffing it with your nose..

most of the restriction is in the headers. I believe the stock filter flows better than the k&n filter. I know it has been discussed here before. everything should be ok. If you are concerned, which it sounds like you are, just get it tuned. The money spent will be worth your peace of mind.

More curious than concerned, I ride it pretty consertatively.....So, the stock filter outflows the K&N, guess I should have asked before I ordered the darn thing!!! LOL

Regards, John

the filter probably won't matter as far as performance, especially noticeable performance. As stated restriction in header takes care of all of that. Make sure you oil it right.

For best results even a stock bike will benefit from a PC and dyno tune.These are mapped poorly from the factory

Back