Opinions on the value of my gen1

ky busa

Registered
I have been considering a 2011 gen2. Went to the dealership to see what they would offer trade in. They would only offer me
$3,000. I might have seriously considered $4,000. I am the origional owner of a 2005 black and grey busa. It has been very well maintained. Never has been down,not even as much as a tip over. I have seen newer bikes with alot less miles and in poor condition. The down side is that my bike has 54,000 miles and counting. Is this what i should expect $3,000 to $4,000 for fair market value or is it do to the mileage?

As you have already learned, you will take a hit with trade-in. Might have better luck selling it privately. Best of luck.

Good luck selling with that many miles. Maybe 4k on a private sale i would say is reasonable. Also depends on the market in your area.

Ask $6k and let the buyers decide what its worth, if there number is enough for you, then sell it

$4k-$4500 if the bike is clean... i paid 5700 last year for my 03 with 10700miles on it completely stock with corbin beetle bags, corbin rear seat, suzuki gel front seat, stock front seat, hump and tank bra, and she was pretty clean

Paid 6000 for my 06 le, 9k, yoshi rs3, lowered 2 in rear, helibars, windscreen. Then sold my beloved f4i that was collecting dust to my roommate for 1500. Then he layed it down twice in 2 years??? Loved that bike. But love my busa more.

I looked on NADA & KBB for trade-in and retail values. They listed prices higher than what you have stated. I know NADA & KBB is only reference data, but you could start there and list it privately for less than referenced and go from there. Good luck with whatever direction you go!

My opinion though, I would not give it away to a dealer. I realize they are in business to make a profit, have overhead, etc....but low-balling is not easy to swallow!

Yeah sell it privately or just keep it for 3k. I might have told the dealer to perform an indecent act if they low balled me like that

never never never trust the dealership to give you a fair price...they are (after all) in it to make money...so if they can find someone to pay their inflated price....so can you

Dealers aren't making any money right now so they are nickle and dimeing people. Go to another dealer, or tell the dealer 4k and you'll sign now. Used 2011 are selling for the same price as leftovers right now. Good luck, hope it works out

Back