Whats the RPM redline on a Gen 1?

hayabusapower

Registered
Whats the RPM redline on a stocks Gen 1? I have basic mods I don't think my redline went up lol, Air Box Mod, BMC Race Filter, Short OEM velocity stacks, Full Yoshimura TRS Exhaust, Bazzaz ZFI, and flash ECU to remove gear restriction and top spped limiter.

What are you looking for - A number ? I looked at mine and about 11,000 is where the red line starts.

I've seen some videos where the rider ran it in to the red a ways. I don't think I would do that for very long or very often.
Stay under the red line and you will be fine. Into the red and you are taking a risk.

What are you looking for - A number ? I looked at mine and about 11,000 is where the red line starts.

I've seen some videos where the rider ran it in to the red a ways. I don't think I would do that for very long or very often.
Stay under the red line and you will be fine. Into the red and you are taking a risk.

I'm looking for a number. My busa buddy's I ride with r telling 11000 to 11500 rpm is the rpm red line. Reading somewhere online that actually the red line is 10800.

if you messed with the computer dunno if it still has the rev limiter... don't do what I said

Ya it's just over 11, but you probably are losing power past 10.5 so without major mods i wouldnt aim for 11 as a shift point much.

I'm looking for a number. My busa buddy's I ride with r telling 11000 to 11500 rpm is the rpm red line. Reading somewhere online that actually the red line is 10800.

I could see how someone would say 10,800. It is not super clear on the gauge. I say about 11,000. Is 200 rpm worth anything?
If you are looking to stay out of the red, then I would shoot for 10,000 because by the time your brain engages and your wrist turns the grip back you will already be over and close to the red.

I guess it depends on if you are racing it and want to get the most power out of it. I assume that under normal riding you are not going
to run it near red line on every shift, are you?

not sure about gen1, but my gen2 runs 600 rpm fast, i.e. at 11,600 equates to 11,000.
did this on dyno.

i raised mine to 11,500, this is 12k before it , none has mods otherwise tick to 11,000 no point

The tachs read high on busa's, like alot of other bikes. I think the actual redline is 10800, but on the tach it goes well past 11 before the limiter kicks in and stops the engine from revving anymore.

From the factory it's 10,800 in gears 1-5. 10,200 in 6th. You can't trust the accuracy of the factory tach.

Back