the older riders

harley to busa

Registered
Hi, I've been away from the forum for a while due to committments. I just turned 60 years old, and was curious if there are a number of riders in my age range who still ride a superbike. I tried the search engine for a similar post, but was not successful and I appreciate the help. I plan on riding for many more years to come, God willing, and I hope everyone else can too.

I'm not in your age group, but just wanted to say ROCK ON !!! :thumbsup:

There are a few riders in your age group. What questions do you have?

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

I just turned 50 so not yet in your age bracket but....really hope to be still riding when i hit 60 someday :please:

No particular question in mind, just wanted to touch base with the older members; good to know other riders my age have not given in to what might be expected of them to slow down and maybe buy a harley and ride with others your own age or older.

52 and expect to be riding big sport bikes until I need a 'sport-trike'

It's not the years it's the miles and how you enjoy them - and I expect I'll always enjoy a bike that goes QUICKLY where I want it to go, has the power and agility to avoid the cagers texting as they blast down the interstate in a total state of oblivion, and can cut some twisties when I run into them

Keep the rubber side down!

Will be 59 in June,on my 3rd new Busa since '02.:thumbsup:

(my 2011 just purchased in Nov.)

newbike079.jpg

I'll be 61 this October, the good Lord willing...rode my '07 Busa all day today. I also have a KLR that takes me places that I probably shouldn't even go, LOL!

ATGATT,
CW

No particular question in mind, just wanted to touch base with the older members; good to know other riders my age have not given in to what might be expected of them to slow down and maybe buy a harley and ride with others your own age or older.

Me and my riding buddy are both within 8 years of you... won't say which way the 8 years are, up or down :laugh:

We went the other way... rode pigs for a few years, then settled into the superbikes. We both owned a few BMW's, then he settled on a K1200R and me the big Suzuki. We don't ride like squids. In fact, my Hayabusa hasn't even seen triple digits yet (only had it a month or so). I feel like I don't have anything to prove. I just like having all that potential. For me, the Hayabusa is the ultimate old mans touring machine. And when I say "old man", I mean "old man" with some sense of adventure left. None of that "adjustable windshield automatic transmission" stuff for me. I have the self-control and discipline to ride one responsibly, and I'm old enough that my bike insurance is less than my house payment... that I used to have.

Edit: Sorry, they are called hogs, not pigs.

I have almost ten on you. I bought mine feb of 08. And no i am not going to sell it when and if the new comes out i am going to make this one a lsr bike. My goal is to turbo it and run as close to 200 in the 1/4 as possible. I need a tinker toy. I still have my harley but only ride it a couple times a year.

54 here and plan on riding my Busa for MANY years to come. The ultimate sport tourer and way too much fun to give up.

Ride on brother.

50 in July.... If I make it to 60 (and I have every intention of it), I'll be on a sportbike if at all possible. Don't think I'd be happy on anything else.???

Back