very disappointed

mattd428

Registered
Had a little fun tonight with a 540hp mustang and a 2012 s1000rr. The mustang hung in there very well i won by maybe a car length or 2 the s1000rr got the jump everytime but some how i still ran him down and passed him. From what i have heard that shouldnt happen the s1000rr should have beat me right? Only thing we can figure is the s1000rr rider was a very good rider. My busa is a 2001 hmf high mount bmc race filter power commander and sprocket change -1 +2 so its nothng special. Anyone else had a run in with the new s1000rr?

its only down to few tenths of a sec. any of the quickest 3 bikes could win(busa, zx14, s100rr). comes down to user. no 2 bikes of the same make will run the same.

Had a little fun tonight with a 540hp mustang and a 2012 s1000rr. The mustang hung in there very well i won by maybe a car length or 2 the s1000rr got the jump everytime but some how i still ran him down and passed him. From what i have heard that shouldnt happen the s1000rr should have beat me right? Only thing we can figure is the s1000rr rider was a very good rider. My busa is a 2001 hmf high mount bmc race filter power commander and sprocket change -1 +2 so its nothng special. Anyone else had a run in with the new s1000rr?
The S1000RR puts out a LOT more hp than our first gen busa's on a dyno, and weighs a lot less. Going by the numbers he should have whipped up on you........maybe you just outrode him? :laugh:

Is the the s1000r the new BMW bike? I saw one at my 1/8 mile track, woth a lil turbo and he ran a 5.6 I believe... But same time saw gen 2 wit arm, PC, Brock's and race gas run a 5.74 soooo

I don't know maybe sprockets maybe rider but either way if that's all that bike has after all that hype I'm really disappointed I was expecting to get beat pretty bad

What speeds were you running up to? The litre bikes are quick but past a buck and a half they fizzle out quick.

The BMW 1000's are screamers, they have to be wound up tight to get the power. If the rider was short shifting it even a little he was giving up alot of power. My first gen busa is geared the same as the op, 16/42, and that combined with a pipe, pc, and filter made mine tons quicker for sure. But I max out around 175 or so now speed wise I believe. In the tests I've read the BMW beat the gen2 busa and zx14 all the way to top speed. I always figured the BMW would spank my busa bad too in a serious race from what I've read.....maybe its more hype than performance :dunno:
I have to admit I've read alot of stories like yours about BMW's getting beat, but haven't read too many about a BMW rider beating someone else. And I've read through the BMW forum as well.
I know the busa is sneaky fast, it doesn't feel as fast as its really going. I've watched some runs on youtube of the BMW, it seems fast because you have to scream the engine like mad for the power. Maybe our mods ARE enough to beat a stock S1000RR :dunno:

We did 40-150 50-140 and I think there was a 30-140 also but every time I won just doesn't make sense he had to have been short shifting

I wouldn't go betting the farm you can beat the next 1000RR you challenge. Play time is one thing, loosing a weeks pay is entirely different.

I'm more surprised at the mustang hanging in there more than anything with only having 540hp??? Good kill either way:thumbsup:

the mustang was very impressive its an 08 with a saleen super charger all forged bottom end mild head work and baby cams hes thinkin about adding a 150 shot to it just cant find a kit he wants

LOL WTH, none of that works out right...

The mustang even with 540 hp is a low 11 second car maybe even mid to high 10's depending on tire chassis setup etc.. unless he has stripped it and gutted it and even then you should be walking him better than a car length...

the 1000rr should have been able to stay away if not pull away....

throw a little gear on the busa and the mustang should have seen nothing but the ugly face, and the 1000rr at least been close if not moving into your favor...

sounds like a bad driver fest all around...

either way... good kills and stay safe...

car has all the factory parts in it had we gone past 140 it would have been a slaughter but up until 130 140ish he gave it hell

Busa has gobs more torque until it hits redline. If the s1000rr riders wasnt taking it up in the revs, he'll get beaten.
96f0ec04e2wvbusa.jpg.jpg

Back