My Busa died!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

philbilly80

Registered
I've got an 07 busa. Went out and cranked it up tonight, was letting it warm up and it just died on me. I tried to start it back up and its just turning over but wont crank. Insight would be great I totaled my RC51 a week and a half ago and now my Busa is dead!!! :banghead: :banghead:

If it has good gas and it ran well when you started it, I'd check the fuel pump and fuel filter.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

I also think weak battery or fuel pumps. When a fuel pump dies it "usually" will start after sitting a while, but only for a min or less. I haven't dealt with this on a bike though

easiest question is it turning over fast or slow.. if turning over slow battery is too low to charge the coils fully to create a good spark... and if it ran then stopped you may not be getting a strong enough charge from the charging system and it was just running off of the battery.

Do ya have a power commander on it? Could be that, I had 1 crap out a few years ago.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

This time of year when everybodies getting their bikes started after sitting all winter you hear all kinds of weird issues. 99% of them are going to be related to a bad battery from sitting for a winter or 2 with no battery tender hooked up. I have tenders on my 04 busa with original battery, 06 14 with original battery, and 92 gsxr-1100 on 3rd battery. The busa and 14 fire up instantly after being parked for months without starting, and the 1100 starts up pretty quick too once I refill the carbs (I drain the bowls for the winter). Get tenders and use them and most starting issues will go away :beerchug:

Back