How to support front end

Timlake

Registered
How can I support my front end to lower my forks. Ive already got the triple tree on but would like to lower it a bit more. Besides renting a engine hoist has anyone used their garage truss with some kind of extra support or is this a dumb idea ? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

I used my engine hoist to do my frok seals and it worked just fine.Yeah you can use a ratchet strap over the truss in the garage.Do at your own risk though.

I recently had the exact same question, except my project was to replace the fork seals. The manual says to lift on the exhaust. I was VERY skeptical. I finally got a little faith and tried it, and it worked fine. Use a 2x4 and a floor jack. No problem. I would do it again, no question.

You can put a floor jock right on the oil pan, just did it few weeks ago. I ran a steel rod through the rear axle and out to jack stands for stability. I then took off the side fairings and used ratchet straps from either side of the frame to the garage supports just to be sure she didnt tip to the side. Better safe than sorry. Slide the floor jack under the pan and lift away. Worked great and was really stable.

Good news you can support a hayabusa with garage trusses. I reinforced them with 2x4s and used two 4x4s run across themto attatch a chain and to that the straps. Worked out good and got it lowered down.

2012-04-11 11.36.33.jpg

2012-04-11 15.04.25.jpg

I recently had the exact same question, except my project was to replace the fork seals. The manual says to lift on the exhaust. I was VERY skeptical. I finally got a little faith and tried it, and it worked fine. Use a 2x4 and a floor jack. No problem. I would do it again, no question.

I had to use this same method last weekend when I swapped tires. It worked fine and I used straps as a safety to the garage door rails. I still would rather use a stand.

Back