Tires 2012

MoeMar

Registered
Didn't want to add to an old post so here is a New post

What tires are you using and do you like them?
What tires would you want?

Feel free to hate or love any tire

Dunlop Q-2's just installed. Great tires for track or spirited twisty. Sure they dont get great mileage, but I know I can trust them.

I have about 5500 on my Q2 on the rear and I ll get another 1000 give or take, cruising, spirited, two up.

I have over 70K miles of experience with the Avon Storms and they never let me down. I ride mostly highway and I'm not an aggressive rider at all. I've ridden in pouring down rain for more than 5 hours at one time and I've been out there when the temperature was in the teens and I've never had any problems with them.

The only reason I bought Michelin PR 2's is because they were like $50 cheaper than the Storms since the 3's are out now. When my Storms 2's wear out, it will be my first time to use the PR 2's. I will definitely share my experience with them.

I just put a Q2 front and a Roadsmart rear on mine. Only one ride so far but they're feeling great so far. Of course, new tires always rail, and the Pilot Powers I took off were completely toasted. Tried the 190/55 route with the Powers and was unimpressed, so I went back to the 190/50 for this set. Went with the Roadsmart rear to try and equal out the wear out time of the set. The Dunlops seem to feel a little more "lively" than other sport front/sport touring rear pairs I've used in the past, so we'll see how the progress and wear.

Bridgestone 023's had them for a few hundred miles and love them!! Plus Chaparral-Racing had the best price on them and a few other brands, 210.00 shipped to the door is good in my book!! Only drawback was only had Stock sizes in 023's, so yeah I like them and I would do them again!

Avon Storm 2 Ultra's. I changed the rear from 190 to 200. No problems with the size change, & I absolutely love the tires.

Been running Avon Storm 2 Ultras since they replaced the Storms. No complaints at all.

Well i just crashed mine today. But i am okay and road it home. Tore the winshield off and the nose , And right side. I have the Avon ultras on. I think i will go with the michlen commander 2s for the roads around here. There was no reason for this to happen a lot of it is the junk tires, And rider error. Going into a turn like i did at about 30 to 40 MPH and the bike comes out from under you is a joke. :laugh:

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Well i just crashed mine today. But i am okay and road it home. Tore the winshield off and the nose , And right side. I have the Avon ultras on. I think i will go with the michlen commander 2s for the roads around here. There was no reason for this to happen a lot of it is the junk tires, And rider error. Going into a turn like i did at about 30 to 40 MPH and the bike comes out from under you is a joke. :laugh:

Sorry about the off. I ride the Storm 2 Us to the edges and have no issues. If you were truly honest with yourself the rider error comment of yours is probably spot on.
As with most riders, there is no way they could make a mistake:banghead:

I'm still +1 for the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's i'm on my second set and they stand up to highway commutes and still be able to throw it into a corner.

i always run mich pilot powers. soon as i can kill these stock 015s that is what will be on my busa. i have been running them on everything i ride for the past 15 years or more. i will not change till i have too. i am a very spirited twisty rider. the occasional wheelie. some track time as well.

I rode on PR2's for almost 14K miles last time around. I just put another set of PR2's on last week instead of PR3's because they PR2's were on sale. I plan to have these on my bike for the life of the bike.

I have had these things on the Dragon and other roads similar to it. I have had them in heavy rain storms, and I have had them on gravel roads. They perform great, nothing else to add.

i always run mich pilot powers. soon as i can kill these stock 015s that is what will be on my busa. i have been running them on everything i ride for the past 15 years or more. i will not change till i have too. i am a very spirited twisty rider. the occasional wheelie. some track time as well.

Any tire that's been around for a decade or longer is technologically outdated. Not insinuating they don't work for you, just sayin there are better choices out there. You wouldn't buy a new computer and install "windows 2000" just because it worked well in the past. :dunno:

I just put a Q2 front and a Roadsmart rear on mine. Only one ride so far but they're feeling great so far. Of course, new tires always rail, and the Pilot Powers I took off were completely toasted. Tried the 190/55 route with the Powers and was unimpressed, so I went back to the 190/50 for this set. Went with the Roadsmart rear to try and equal out the wear out time of the set. The Dunlops seem to feel a little more "lively" than other sport front/sport touring rear pairs I've used in the past, so we'll see how the progress and wear.

I ran the full set of roadsmarts last year and loved them. I switched to the Q2 front and roadsmart rear a couple of weeks ago and it feels even better:thumbsup:

I've ran a couple sets of Q2 front and Roadsmart rear. I just put another set on 2 weeks ago.
I got almost 3k miles out of the last set. The Roadsmart rear feels a little different than a Q2 rear, but it still sticks pretty good for what it is. It's nice to have a set of tires that wear evenly front to rear. The Q2 front actually had a little visible tread left on it, but I can't find the pics.
:beerchug:

SDC11210.jpg

SDC11211.jpg

SDC11212.jpg

I've ran a couple sets of Q2 front and Roadsmart rear. I just put another set on 2 weeks ago.
I got almost 3k miles out of the last set. The Roadsmart rear feels a little different than a Q2 rear, but it still sticks pretty good for what it is. It's nice to have a set of tires that wear evenly front to rear. The Q2 front actually had a little visible tread left on it, but I can't find the pics.
:beerchug:

Looks like you got your $$ worth out of that one.:laugh:
I can't quite get the last 1.5" of the sides wore that well before the rest of the tire is done. Corners here are just too blind to push that hard. I see your from Virginia, you riding the Dragon a lot?

Back