Cheap Motels and Hayabusa Theft Worries

Trout

Registered
To those of you that take your Hayabusa on overnighters... Do you use any sort of theft prevention system or device? Or do you just keep your comprehensive insurance up to date?

I've been touring around for 10 years and never really worried about any of my previous bikes, but I think this one might be more of a theft target.

Have any of you had your bike lifted from the parking lot of a cheap motel?

Insurance. That's all I can do. A determined thief will get it either way. Unless you can pull it in your room with you...

That's why they have all that space right as you open the door, didn't they tell you that. Not the busa but same concept. Bike was probably cleaner than the room but the manager still brought me towels for the floor. And they even supply bike covers to keep it warm on those chilly evenings, not much on the patterns though. :rofl:

I did let them know I was bringing it in because my room ended up being right next to front door/office, at first the lil indian lady owner said no but when I said I would just somewhere else she had the manager set me up with the towels so it didn't catch anything from the floor since it didn't have any slippers. :laugh:

DSCN0486.jpg

DSCN0487.jpg

Full coverage, disc locks (front and back) and a cover. Not gonna stop a thief but hope that the cover keeps bike out of sight and the locks slow them down a bit.

Take her inside if you can. Cruise around the building and pick out a room or two that look like they'll have good access for the bike, then ask for a specific room number when you check in. In case that's not an option, I take a bike cover and disc locks for each wheel.

2011 Summer Busa Trip-19 - Copy.jpg

Yep, Insurance is the fall back, either a place with 24/7 security in parking garage or bottom floor and roll it in. Some folks trailer, so then they get the trailer and the bike. Thieves :laugh:

I have never taken my bike into my room with me, but I have seen it done.

4 guys with 2x4's can pick up a bike and into the back of getaway in less than a minute. No matter what you have on the bike to stop theft. One thing that makes some sense to me is to use the baby monitor thing. You know, put the monitor in the cowling of the bike and cover the bike. Put the remote listening end of the baby monitor next to your head on the nightstand. Just make sure you don't stop a bullet coming out the door.
Locking up a bunch of bikes with chain is also more effective than disc locks. But I shudder to think of chain lying on my carbon fiber wheels....

Get it inside the room, or steel cable with lock, if they get it atleast they have to work at it and buy you some time to catch them

2 way alarm is a good start just make sure you have a good signal and the 2 2x4 thing works ive seen it done when i was a kid.... and as far as the bullet thing theres a reason i carry a gun lmfao im going to be the one slingin lead lmfao

I have the scorpion i 900 alarm system,if i get real worried i turn on the perimeter setting so if they even get close to the bike it lets me know,yes they can still get it but helps lessen the risk.

In the room Sir. But every motel will not let you do it. So i guess a good alarm system and discs locks are the other things to look at. Plus try getting a room on the ground floor and park it real close to the room so that you have a clear view of it from your window.

2012-03-23 19.19.44.jpg

That's funny !! I never even thought it was possible to get permission to take the bike inside the room.!!!

No worries of theft.. Thats why I have insurance.
Staying at a hotel? Yes, I will take a ground level room in the back... Open the door roll the Busa right on in close the door, put the pistol on the night stand, lay my weary head to rest for another fun day of riding.

Back