The giving season. . ?

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Hiyo fellas.

I meant to start this thread earlier but it slipped my mind.. so even though it's a little last minute let me have your thoughts on something.

From time to time the H.org has done some fund raising.. caps niece, "buy the cap a bike", and I think there may be one more that I'm not remembering at the moment.

I wonder if you guys/gals would be interested in getting a fund together to donate to some non-political type organization, or charity in the name of Hayabusa.org or in Cap's name .. or however it needs to be done. The details can be worked out if enough people are interested.

I thought about it a few days before last christmas as I was boxing up an old TV I had to donate to the Ronald Mcdonald house me, and my wife stayed in while our daughter Chloe was in the hospital shortly after she was born.

Of course it wouldn't have to be the Mcdonald house that was just what sparked my thought process into motion..
If enough are interested I figured we could take 5-6 different suggested charities and put it to a vote to see where the donation went.

Cash, bits/pieces off of bikes to be auctioned or whatever .. I dunno. I just like to try and give atleast a little this time of year to people that are really making a difference in peoples lives.

I mean seriously we have 7000+ members... if only 1/10 of us gave 5$ thats something like $3,500.

Good idea, bad idea, interested, not interested?

whatyathinkuhboutit?

guess not eh?

ok
wink.gif

mad.gif
Yeah, problem is Bro, we have 7K registered members and only about 300 or so that EVER check in and only a percentage of that actually gets involved and posts. So, here we are.
sad.gif

Great Idea, but as we have seen in the past, even with all the footstomping and given a year there was only about $1400 bucks in the Caps Busa Fund. So it's not your Idea that's the problem, it's just an overall lack of participation in general.

Well that, and I know I am buying gifts for Orphans allready instead of Gifts for the Family that doesn't really "NEED" anything... So I imagine most of the people here on the board are ALLREADY doing the right thing through their work, Church, School Etc...
thumbs-up.gif

I like to give to charity on a totally random, spontaneous basis.....when I give on a schedule or because of a "prompt", it doesn't seem as satisfying.

Back