So the remodel begins.....

card16969

Registered
busa.jpg

So the adventure of the remodel begins... btw yes i know theres a huge dent in the radiator haha, anyone have a black radiator laying around?

So heres a list of whats about to happen

double bubble
levers
frame sliders
frame covers
new rear seat
ebc hh pads
wave rotors
galfer brake lines
fork seals
K&N filter
ecu tuned
air box mod
new swingarm and wheel bearings
undertail .... anyone know the best place to get a top gun?
alarm
frankenstein bolt elimnators
ek zzz chain
vortex sprockets -1 +2
pair valve removed and blockoff plates
new push pins all around
radiator fixed/replaced
adjust steering stem
adjust suspension
mirror extensions
shift shaft seal
new exhaust gaskets
adjust valves
paint
powder coat: rims, swingarm and accessories, rear sets, passenger pegs
high temp paint on outside of exhaust system
re polish fairing hardware

and i have a feeling i forgot something lol

haha your telling me... im just glad im a motorcycle mechanic by trade and not paying to have the work done lol

Yea, I know what you mean... I am actually a deisel mech. but its all a box of bolts to me (just a smaller box sometimes....:laugh:), when I start modding mine, i am going to do it all myself(except for the tune of course). With a little mech. knowledge and the .org, you can do anything:laugh:

Last edited:
Yea, I know what you mean... I am actually a deisel mech. but its all a box of bolts to me (just a smaller box sometimes....:laugh:), went I start modding mine, i am going to do it all myself(except for the tune of course). With a little mech. knowledge and the .org, you can do anything:laugh:

this is very true

How many miles are on the bike? I have never seen a shift shaft seal go bad?
busa.jpg

So the adventure of the remodel begins... btw yes i know theres a huge dent in the radiator haha, anyone have a black radiator laying around?

So heres a list of whats about to happen

double bubble
levers
frame sliders
frame covers
new rear seat
ebc hh pads
wave rotors
galfer brake lines
fork seals
K&N filter
ecu tuned
air box mod
new swingarm and wheel bearings
undertail .... anyone know the best place to get a top gun?
alarm
frankenstein bolt elimnators
ek zzz chain
vortex sprockets -1 +2
pair valve removed and blockoff plates
new push pins all around
radiator fixed/replaced
adjust steering stem
adjust suspension
mirror extensions
shift shaft seal
new exhaust gaskets
adjust valves
paint
powder coat: rims, swingarm and accessories, rear sets, passenger pegs
high temp paint on outside of exhaust system
re polish fairing hardware

and i have a feeling i forgot something lol

How many miles are on the bike? I have never seen a shift shaft seal go bad?

14k miles and ive seen a few go bad suzukis are the most common ive seen to have them go bad on, my buddies k9 busa just had his go bad after 6k miles. Its more of a sometimes they arent installed correctly thing at the factory and wind up with a small slice in the side. I had a fork seal go bad and had oil down the side casing around the seal and for the 8$ it costs to replace it id rather replace it than put it all back together and still have it leak if it was leaking.

What was the cause for the dent in the radiator? Sounds like it will be a nice ride when it gets all done.

previous owner was 54 and while trying to move the bike around in the garage he dropped it. He replaced the fairing with a new oem fairing but didnt replace the radiator. It runs perfect and doesnt over heat but since im taking the fairing screens out i dont want to look at it and want a black radiator.

Our Busas are no longer similar :rofl:

Quite the project!! Keep us posted on progress!! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a blast.:thumbsup: pics as the remodel progresses are required:rulez:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Sorry but if it's not broke don't fix it! I know what your saying about being preventive. But no oil leak,, i would leave it alone.
Now if there was a reason, to remove the cover, for a shift kit, them yes!
14k miles and ive seen a few go bad suzukis are the most common ive seen to have them go bad on, my buddies k9 busa just had his go bad after 6k miles. Its more of a sometimes they arent installed correctly thing at the factory and wind up with a small slice in the side. I had a fork seal go bad and had oil down the side casing around the seal and for the 8$ it costs to replace it id rather replace it than put it all back together and still have it leak if it was leaking.

Sorry but if it's not broke don't fix it! I know what your saying about being preventive. But no oil leak,, i would leave it alone.

From the looks of the way the oil is on the case i think its not fork oil i think its actual oil coming through the seal... ill know more tomorrow when i get up to the shop to look at it.. we have spent the last 4 days re arranging the shop since its chaos.. we've got 4 bikes in there were working on and have 3 cars including the drag car were building... so theres parts EVERYWHERE haha.

btw what all does a shift kit include on our bikes and what benefits does it give.. ive heard of a shift kit on an automatic car changing the valving but what is it on our bikes... probably a stupid question but ive got to ask

Back