For what purpose do you ride your Busa?

For what purpose do you ride your Busa?

• I ride my Busa strictly to cruise.

Votes: 30 16.8%
  • I ride my Busa strictly to carve corners.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I ride my Busa strictly on the track.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I ride my Busa strictly on the strip.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I ride my Busa to cruise and carve corners.

Votes: 80 44.7%
  • I ride my Busa to cruise and/or to the track/strip.

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • I ride my Busa under 3 or more of the conditions above.

Votes: 51 28.5%

• Total voters

Big Moe

Registered
I have been a member for a lil while now and I've noticed that just about everyone has an opinion about how the Busa should be ridden/used! I myself am 6'5" 245lbs and bought it for the size and of course, the power! I am not a speed freak, nor do I seek out the corners! I ride the Busa cause I love the size, power and custom options! I love to cruise and I occasionally get on the throttle, but everyone here has their own way to utilize "The Beast", and thats great! If you are a corner carver, dragger or a fat tire rider, lets hear what you have to say! Be safe out there!!

Chris

Stress relief, stock, corners, cruise, travel, drag, unofficial LSR once in awhile :laugh:

I ride mine for mostly touring and LD/endurance riding. I like the Busa because it's still a sport bike, but big enough that it's pretty comfortable for eating miles, yet is still a lot of fun when you come across a twisty road.

For me it's the perfect middle ground of a do it all bike. My routine rides consist of a 120 mile ride to the twisties, a couple of hundred miles in the mountains, then 140 miles from our usual stopping point. It's comfy, pretty fuel efficient, carries the wife with ease, corners at speeds plenty fast enough for me. Despite the opinion of some folks it's not all about max cornering speed. Do I like railing corners? Absolutely. Am I talented at it? Far from the truth. I know my limits, I stay within them and the Busa is more than capable at that kind of handling.

It does it all very well. It's not a dedicated supersport nor is it a Goldwing. It is a near perfect middle ground though which is perfect for my riding style.

Oh, and it's pretty fast too!

I use it solely to lead motorcycle tours.

Best day ever is a day on the Busa.

6045114736_2aac84c1cd_b.jpg

I ride mine for mostly touring and LD/endurance riding. I like the Busa because it's still a sport bike, but big enough that it's pretty comfortable for eating miles, yet is still a lot of fun when you come across a twisty road.

Wow, I almost forgot about our touring folk out there!! Good to hear from you! This machine really does do everything!

1) Stress Testing riding it to my maximum abilities on weekend corner carving rides.
2) Occasional street night at the local 1/8 & 1/4 mile drag strips.
3) Commuter back and forth to work.
4) Touring on a 550 mile day trip.
5) Cruiser on summer Saturday night.

Thats what I luv so much about the Hayabusa, its great in every category it does.

This year the purpose is fellowship. There is a small handful of people I want to meet, break bread and share some pavement with. Already planning the first one and it will entail a 2000+ mile weekend.

Twisties, track, a bit of cruising, and this summer wanting to do some traveling. The most "general, all purpose" bike I've ever had.:thumbsup:

Knee dragging, wheelies, cruising, commuting, taking my wife riding, it's been to a couple dragstrips and I'de love to do a trackday with it at some point.
The Busa is the best "does everything well" bike, and I'm not cramped or uncomfortable doing it.:thumbsup:

I use mine mostly to cruise. I do love to go in the mountains but cant keep up with most in the curves :laugh: but am never that far behind when they have to stop. My wife and I just enjoying riding and having fun together :thumbsup: Its fun to take pics of others doing things I would never try and enjoy the company of friends as well. These bikes love attention and get lot of it every time I stop. Thats the most fun of all.

To get away from everything. No phone, No people, No stress.
I still like taking my wife with me and would love to ride with some people on here.

You left touring out of your choices. I don't really use it for touring (I have done 600 miles in a day on it) but there are many that do long trips on a regular basis on this bike.

You left touring out of your choices. I don't really use it for touring (I have done 600 miles in a day on it) but there are many that do long trips on a regular basis on this bike.

Yeah I realized that after jphilipson's post, and I told him that I had forgotten about our touring folk! I tried to go back in and add it to the poll, but it wouldnt let me! Sorry about that Tourers!!! I know that you all make up a good percentage of us!

I love riding 1,000+ miles within 24 hours and it's the perfect bike for it. Like mr8ball said, these bikes get a lot of attention. I'll never forget about a year or so ago when I walked out of a gas station and there were 8 people surrounding my bike just staring at it. It was a husband, his wife, their two teenage kids and 4 guys in Army uniform. That made my day.:thumbsup:

I love riding 1,000+ miles within 24 hours and it's the perfect bike for it. Like mr8ball said, these bikes get a lot of attention. I'll never forget about a year or so ago when I walked out of a gas station and there were 8 people surrounding my bike just staring at it. It was a husband, his wife, their two teenage kids and 4 guys in Army uniform. That made my day.:thumbsup:

I mean that is no surprise Sleepless, I still marvel at your steed even to this day!! So clean!!:bowdown:

Have you surpassed the 100K mile mark yet?

ride to work...mostly...twistys when i can get them...freinds when they are rideing....and haul the wife and i too....

Back