pcv map for vance and hines cs1 full exhaust??? gen2 with k and n

zsanders

Registered
any recommendations on what map to use from powercommander's website? I was thinking the tiforce?? or if anybody has a similar setup and a map they would be willing to share that would be awesome. setup is 2009 with k and n air filter and vance and hines cs1 full exhaust. I am looking into finding somewhere that I can have it dyno'd, but not sure when I will be able to get it done so I would like a map to get me by :) thank you for any help

I have been intending to install the very same set up for quite a while and I've been asking myself that very same question. Have had no answers yet. How is the bike's performance after moddin. Hp gains? If you do get it dyno'd please hook me up with your map?

Stripes,
I have an 09 with V&H headers, Yosh CF R-77 slip-ons and BMC filter. Bike came with a PC V and I am currently running the canned tune from Dynojet for an Ankra 4-2-2 with very good results (no decel pop, "smooth" power throughout rpms) but will have a dyno/tune someday.

Stripes,
I have an 09 with V&H headers, Yosh CF R-77 slip-ons and BMC filter. Bike came with a PC V and I am currently running the canned tune from Dynojet for an Ankra 4-2-2 with very good results (no decel pop, "smooth" power throughout rpms) but will have a dyno/tune someday.

How is the performance of your set up? Was thinking of doing CS One dual slip ons still with the VH headers and aftermarket air filter. I am of the opinion Yoshi R77s and VH CS ones aare almost equal in terms of hp gains. How's the performance of youe bike's set up? A brief comparison would be great.

I do not have before and after numbers for comparison. But based purely on my BUTT dyno SOTP (seat-of-the-pants) observation: bike pulls harder across entire rev range, smooth/flat power delivery, no decel pop and surprisingly, my fuel consumption has stayed pretty much the same.

NOTE: I added the V&H headers and canned tune AFTERWARDS so my reference point is (BEFORE) is: Yosh R-77 slip-ons, BMC filter, stock headers. Exhaust note is also much better and most definitely flows so much more (not to mention the POUNDS that were shed).

I do not have before and after numbers for comparison. But based purely on my BUTT dyno SOTP (seat-of-the-pants) observation: bike pulls harder across entire rev range, smooth/flat power delivery, no decel pop and surprisingly, my fuel consumption has stayed pretty much the same.

NOTE: I added the V&H headers and canned tune AFTERWARDS so my reference point is (BEFORE) is: Yosh R-77 slip-ons, BMC filter, stock headers. Exhaust note is also much better and most definitely flows so much more (not to mention the POUNDS that were shed).
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great to hear the fuel consumption has not changed because would also like my mpg to remain about the same, or maybe even improve.

Stripes,

Are you using the BMC race air filter, because I am trying to find out if it can be used for normal day-to-day street riding or is it for race applications only?

On my 08 Full pipe. K&N filter, bypass O2 senders in pipe, I installed a switch on the PC V so I can run the stock map or the map I down loaded on the PC site, Not sure which map it was , Have to look it up,,
My MPG did take a hit on the after market map,, I just switch to stock when I want good milage
Mike

Are you using the BMC race air filter, because I am trying to find out if it can be used for normal day-to-day street riding or is it for race applications only?

Have a BMC Race which is perfectly fine for regular street use :thumbsup: .....contrary to "fears" that it will allow too much crap to damage the engine. This is my own personal opinion though.
P.S. Been running nothing but RACE filters (BMC or K&N) in my past dozen or so streetbikes and not one has sustained engine damage from dirt getting into the engine.

Back