My new cam for busa

Trax

Banned
The New cam I got for my busa:
1_08_08_11_12_18_41.jpg

It had good reviews by hotrod magazine Action Camera Comparisons - Action! - Hot Rod Magazine
..and it had a higher star rating than Go-Pro, Drift HD or Contour and costs about the same as Go-Pro:

Drift HD170
The Drift has a very handy screen that allows you to see exactly where you've pointed the camera (most others don't), and the menus are easily understood to change settings. It's the only one we tested with a remote control, which is cool. The menu on the camera has a low/medium/high setting for the microphone, which we set to low. It picked up details of the engine and turbo on videographer Clint's turbo Talon really well, but it was a bit overpowered by the wind once up to speed. Overall, the volume was much lower than the other cameras, regardless of the setting.
File type: .mov file (Quicktime); H.264 video compression at 12Mbit/second, AAC audio compression at 48k.

Pros:
LCD display on camera, very handy.
Large, easy to use buttons with straightforward settings menu.
Swiveling lens to orient which way is up.
Comes with remote control.
4X zoom.
Cons:
Long charge time.
Weak sound.
It's physically larger than the other three.
Amazon's Price: $264.00

Picture: 4

Sound: 1

Ease of Use: 4

Features: 3

Overall Rating: 3

Replay XD1080
The Replay was the smallest of the four cameras, and seemed to have the best picture and sound quality. We were unanimous in picking it as our favorite among the four cams tested. The manufacturer supplies little stickers to put over the microphone hole, which worked really well at blocking wind noise, but you lose details in other sounds. The Replay also had, by far, the best nighttime (low light) footage.
File type: .mov file (Quicktime), H.264 video compression at 7.5Mbit/second, AAC audio compression at 48k.

Pros:
Great image quality, though reds get pixelated.
Best low light/nighttime picture.
Very small, easy to mount just about anywhere.
Easy to use configuration menu based on two buttons and multicolored LEDs.
HDMI-out port.
Cons:
It's too easy to accidentally turn on, which can prematurely run down the battery.
Really bad wind noise without the sticker over the mic.
No LCD screen.
Amazon's Price: $299.00

Picture: 5

Sound: 5

Ease of Use: 3

Features: 2

Overall Rating: 4.5

Contour
The Contour's greatest features are an easy on and off switch and an easy-aiming feature. It had a picture and sound quality that ranked it between the GoPro and the Drift. The bummer with it is that you need to break open a computer to adjust its settings, as there is no menu screen on the cam itself. It also didn't do well with wind noise.
File type: .mov file (Quicktime), H.264 video compression at 8.5Mbit/second, AAC audio compression at 48k.

Pros:
Straightforward start/stop switch.
Swiveling lens so you can orient which way is up.
Laser pointers to aid in aiming the camera.
Decent low-light/nighttime image quality.
Cons:
Takes too long to turn on.
No LCD screen.
Need to use computer to change settings.
Lowest number of shooting modes selectable without a laptop.
Amazon's Price: $249.00

Picture: 3

Sound: 3

Ease of Use: 4

Features: 2

GoPro
GoPro may have started this whole game, and while the basic mounts and lack of a viewing screen are a pain, they can both be rectified. The biggest boon to the GoPro's success, in our opinion, is the add-on (for $79.00) BacPac screen that allows you to see where you're aiming it. The camera comes with two casesùone has openings to let sound in, the other is sealed and is to be used in noisy environments and underwater. We used the sealed case for our exterior wind noise tests. It picked up engine noise pretty well (not as well as the Replay), and you could hear some detail (though not as much as with the Drift), but it was overcome by wind once you got up to speed. Wind noise was not nearly as bad as with the Contour, though.
File type: .mp4 file (mpeg 4), H.264 video compression at 15 Mbit/second, AAC audio compression at 48k.

Pros:
Decent audio, extra case back to block wind during high-speed exterior vehicle filming.
LCD add-on screen makes it so you can aim camera easily and view recorded footage.
Least expensive of the four.
Optional add-on LCD screen.
Cons:
720p 60-fps files won't drag directly into Final Cut Pro (need to be converted).
The included camera mount lacks a lot of adjustments you'll want.
Clunky shape, hard to mount it anywhere you want.
Doesn't have an LCD screen built in.
Really bad low-light/nighttime image quality.
Amazon's Price: $179.00

Picture: 3

Sound: 3

Ease of Use: 2

Features: 3

Have u tried it yet? wat sorta mounts do they offer. I like how its small. thats my only complaint about the gopro is they need to slim it down some. but u can replay wat u recorded on the gopro. can u do that with this one?

Have u tried it yet? wat sorta mounts do they offer. I like how its small. thats my only complaint about the gopro is they need to slim it down some. but u can replay wat u recorded on the gopro. can u do that with this one?

Rotate, Tilt, Swivel, Clip, Mount

Replay XD1080 can be mounted practically anywhere due to its small form-factor and all-round shape. There are two mounts included with each system to get you recording in no-time.

HeimLock Mount (Swivel/Tilt): Features spherical adjustment with an eccentric cam-lock for a rock solid mount. Over 1,036,800 Mounting Positions with 360º lens rotation, 360º camera rotation, and 8º of tilt, not including the unlimited areas you can mount 1 of 4 included SnapTray VHB bases.
Included are 2 Flat SnapTrays and 2 Curved SnapTrays with 3M® VHB adhesive to securely mount to smooth surfaces: metal, paint, powdercoat, LSE & HSE plastic. 3M® VHB adhesive ensures secure mounting and removal without harming your surface.

LowBoy Mount (Fixed): Lowest profile mount, offers 360º lens rotation. Designed to be low and out-of-the-way. Compatible with our SnapTray VHB bases.

HardCore (Billet): Optional billet-aluminum pro mounts are available for the most demanding action and motorsport applications. Tubular, Flat, Curved, Tripod, Universal, & Specialty mounts are available.
replay-xd-1080p-bullet-camera-mounts-b.jpg

That is not a Cam, that is a Camera!

This is a Cam,:whistle:

08cam.jpg

Looks nice and it is smaller than a gopro but I wonder what gopro they compared it to? At $179 it wasn't the new Hero2.

Looks nice and it is smaller than a gopro but I wonder what gopro they compared it to? At $179 it wasn't the new Hero2.

I am not too familiar with Go-Pro cameras but I think it was the "Go-Pro HD Hero naked" cam.

What is the difference from a "HD Hero naked" to a new "Hero2"? I was wondering the same thing.

That's a nice camera. Where did you mount it on the bike?

I went with the ContourROAM which has a similar form factor to the Drift. Amazon had a sale back in December and sold it for $89.00 w/free next day shipping (normally $279.00). That was an offer that I just couldn't refuse. If I would have had to pay full price I would have gone with the Drift. It would be nice to have a screen to line up your shot. The laser alignment on the ROAM is okay, but its pretty much useless in bright sunlight.

The comparison that you posted must have been a different model because the ROAM has an instant record button so it doesn't have the issue with taking too long to turn on. The picture quality is really good as well especially for an $89.00 price tag:

[video=youtube_share;BpClgjO6qUI]http://youtu.be/BpClgjO6qUI[/video]

The most popular cam is the GoPro I think but i don't like the shape of it, its shaped like a house. Go-Pro should have came out with a different design.I don't like the fish eye lens either. The GoPro and Drift give wider views than the ReplayXD1080

I like the Replay XD 1080 cus of the way its shaped and its a lot smaller.

My second choice would have been "The New Drift HD" cuz it comes with a LCD screen and a remote.

cool camera, i just got a hero hd for 135 shipped i was gonna get the hero 2 which is better quality but for the price i couldnt pass it up. I used to have a sony camera like that that i used when i went skiing and the lens bit the dust quite quick but that was 6 years ago. I like the hero just because its protective cases and you can take it underwater etc. The only downside i saw to the tube type cameras like that was at over 80 mph the wind noise was a howling scream type sound and drove me nuts but like i said cameras have come a long way in 6 years.

yea, i was exited about some web 405's or something. this is a camera.

Back