Need a good undertail.....

gearhead77

Registered
Ok, So the last time i posted, I was looking for tires with good mileage.... Found em. Shinko Verge 200/50zr17 and 120/70zr17..... Absolutly love them....... Anywho... The next accesory I'm looking for is an undertail. I've seen penty online and they all look good, but theyall have dual taillights........ Is here an undertail system out there that incorporates the stock taillight (shape)??? I'm wanting to go with LED's, just not the one that the pictures all show. I also would like to (obviously)shave the ugly ass mud flap, and integrate the turn signals into the taillight assy......... I'e seen pics and I've seen bikes with this, but I just can't find what/where to look. HELP!!!

It's called the Motorhead undertail is what you are thinking of, and they haven't made it in years.

Hot Bodies & Yana Shiki is all that's left of the big names that still offer undertails for Gen-I. And yes, both those brands have dual integrated taillights.

Some Gen-I stuff is getting harder & harder to find. It exists, but it's 5+ years out of production.

the yani shinki does not have integrated taillights.You need an integrater for them to be seperate.Look on pashnits site.The hot bodies is integrated or seperate blinkers from tail lights but the lights suck.I have one and they are dim.Besteem makes a nice one similar to the yana shinki but i think the lights are seperate as well and come in matching colors.Look on ebay for them.Besteem is an aussi company.

Has a undertail for sale on their site. Very similar to the old Motorhead undertail.

cheers ken

undertail.JPG

Resurrecting this old thread rather than starting a new one. Has anyone installed one of the Catalyst undertails? I'm curious how good the fit is. Are they easily paintable? Also curious about how long it takes for them to make one.

Back