Busa vs. BMW 1000r?

SkootRRgirl

Registered
Guys,
Help me out here. I have an acquaintance who swears the BMW1000rr can beat a busa. I am going to copy and paste what he said here:"Tell u what....show me a bone stock vids that does just over 8 seconds in the quarter mile. The BMW has a better power to weight ratio and has 193 HP. But its all good. U ride a busa so its better. It's all good. Lol. " Now personally I don't care either way, if the BMW is faster so what, but this guy is relentless. He thinks he knows it all and me being a girl I just know pretty much how to just ride a busa. I don't get into all the spec stuff, that is for my mechanic to know. Anyway, there was one video on here that proved a busa can beat the BMW 1000rr but its not a drag video, blah blah blah! and I posted it to my Facebook page but still he is unconvinced. So if any of you can help me bust the myth or shut him up for me please do! Any videos that you all may have that resemble stock busa to stock BMW 1000rr on a track please post them up so I can finally put this debate to rest. Thank you for your time and help.

stock to stock the bmw has the edge.

You and I have the same model year busa (full exhaust, pc3, tuned)... mine just dynoed 163 whp. So it's about 13 hp shy of a 1000r (done on the same dyno) while also being heavier.

suzuki needs to step up the hyper sport bikes otherwise their purpose has ended.

He's right - the s1000rr will take the Busa. More power, less weight. All things equal, the s1000rr will win.

Stock aside, does anyone know how well the bmw's engine takes to mods? Can the stock internals be pushed as far as the busa?

Oh yea , and how much more does the BMW cost ? Add that to mods on the busa to make them even .

I don't know if the dyno lies but torque curves are important too, and from memory the Busa (Gen II) didn't do to bad. Just tell him lets take a thousand mile trip this weekend :whistle:

I don't know if the dyno lies but torque curves are important too, and from memory the Busa (Gen II) didn't do to bad. Just tell him lets take a thousand mile trip this weekend :whistle:

Lol. I was thinking a similar thing. I know how long a ride I can handle on my busa. Bet the BMW isn't even close. Seeing as the hyperbike class is supposed to be fast yet rideable all day long, I don't think the BMW compares.

The BMW is faster but is the rider ? I would race him from a dead stop , he will be spending most of First and Second gear in a wheely while you drive away .. Don't go from a 60 MPH 2 gear roll with him, he will mop the floor with you .. It all depends on your skill level .. Just because he has a BMW doesn't mean he can ride it ..

I really like the BMW but its limited to the power its gonna be able to make. I think there is a supercharger kit for it but no turbo that im aware of and I dont see the internals being able to handle 275 hp to the wheels in stock form like a busa can.

then again, its a track bike not a drag or cruising bike. its impressive for sure but I watched a guy at the track and couple weeks ago with a stock one and could not get the bike to go faster then 10.60 all day long. his mph was that of a low 9 second bike but he could not ride for chit. could not keep the wheel down even with the wheelie control function.

BMW is bad bike :thumbsup: Riders weight and skills always a major factor in bike comparrison. You will find videos of BMW beating Busas and visa versa so they won't help much. So what you are left with is a dyno results to compare who is top dog and by comparing them I think the BMW has more power and the bike is lighter so by using powers of deduction the BMW should be the faster bike.

BMW is bad bike :thumbsup: Riders weight and skills always a major factor in bike comparrison. You will find videos of BMW beating Busas and visa versa so they won't help much. So what you are left with is a dyno results to compare who is top dog and by comparing them I think the BMW has more power and the bike is lighter so by using powers of deduction the BMW should be the faster bike.

Are you Busa a rider because you bought into the hype of the fastest production bike or did you buy it cause it's the sharpest looking bike out there thats got awesome power and speed. A bike that from it's introduction 99 shattered everyones mind rider and manufacturers alike of what speed is. A bike that from 99 to 07 remained relatively unchanged and unchallenged through that perod of time. You own a bike who's name is in the guiness book of world records as the fastest production ,and because of speed restrictions it may stay that way. :laugh:

Through history of motorcycles you can pickout when milestones were crossed in performance is the BMW one them ??? Time will tell buy I don't think so

As for the BMW bone stock running just over 8 sec. I thought it was closer to just under 9 :laugh:
I bought for beauty and speed, but then again not so much the speed just so I could keep up, hell the 250 kept red lining lol, so really all this hype is not my thing, this guy is just cocky and I wanted to prove him wrong but hearing it from busa owners kind of kills my argument, which sucks but oh well it is what it is. thanks guys appreciate the help.

I for one havent raced one. But I watched many videos between the two. I have seen them go both ways. Obviously in handling the BMW takes the Busa. But I have seen straight aways where the BMW smoked a busa, and vica versa.

I saw a almost new 1000RR on the dyno after I ad mine tuned and stock he layed down 180 to the wheel.I have seen video of the RR smoking a busa and the 14.Aerodynamically the busa wins hands down as the RR at close to 200 probably isnt near as stable as the busa.That bimmer is an amazing bike.

Back