busa vs bmw vs new zx-10

GeorgiaGixxer08

Registered
what are you opinions on these bikes compared? im looking to trade in for a bmw or zx-10. leaning more towards the beamer but hard decision to make converting to a kawi.

Well, the ZX 10 is good, the Bimmer of course is good, the Busa is iconic though, and you ARE on a Busa enthusiasts website........... Tough call

Well I saw the Bimmer on the dyno yesterday and it put down close to 180HP and it was smooth all the way to redline.Dame that bike screams for a 1 liter.Pretty impressed but it didnt look very comfortable.Dam nice bike though.

what are you opinions on these bikes compared? im looking to trade in for a bmw or zx-10. leaning more towards the beamer but hard decision to make converting to a kawi.

I don't consider them in the same class, the difference in seating geometry between the Busa and the other two imo puts them in a different catagory, hell I sat on the Kawi and GSX R 1K there is no way in my physical condition I would survive a 300 -500 mile day on that thing....

Why doesn't anyone compare the GSXR 1K to these other bikes. If people only paid attention to youtube videos and motorcycle forums most people wouldn't even know Suzuki had a 1K :laugh:

They do still make them right ???

Dude put down your crack pipe. From all i know the bimmer, but you'll pay for it. But seriously put the pipe down.

Well I saw the Bimmer on the dyno yesterday and it put down close to 180HP and it was smooth all the way to redline.Dame that bike screams for a 1 liter.Pretty impressed but it didnt look very comfortable.Dam nice bike though.

Dude are you a dyno operator or stalking one :laugh:

It has been said many times...by myself included. u will pay bloody heck for the BMW for every accesorry, for every tuneup, for every little thing on the BMW. The new Kawi outdoes BMW at their own game... The Busa is not as fast as these bikes on a track. But it is a heavier sportbike on steroids that is much more comfortable to ride.
If u are looking for a bike to track...buy a used one at the end of the season when guys are done riding for the year..getting out of the business...or upgrading. All of the goodies like Ohlins, Brembos, quickshifters, steering dampners are already on and severly discounted...

I don't consider them in the same class, the difference in seating geometry between the Busa and the other two imo puts them in a different catagory, hell I sat on the Kawi and GSX R 1K there is no way in my physical condition I would survive a 300 -500 mile day on that thing....

Why doesn't anyone compare the GSXR 1K to these other bikes. If people only paid attention to youtube videos and motorcycle forums most people wouldn't even know Suzuki had a 1K :laugh:

They do still make them right ???

I've got a Gen 1 and the s1krr and he's spot on. The busa is much more comfortable and has a more relaxed riding position. My wife and I have done 700 miles two up on the busa but struggled to make 200 miles on the beemer together.

It all depends on what you are looking for. The busa has tons of power and is more comfortable, the beemer has weight (or the lack of), handling and great electronics.

Yeah, the Busa is in a different league. Not worse, not better. Just depends what you want to do with it. Every time I ride a hot sport bike, I enjoy the hell out of it, for about one hour. Then I'm really glad to have my Busa back.

I had a friend that had a BMW and I would do the work on the bike when he needed things done. It was not an easy bike to work on, mostly a major pain in the @..

Like its been said, depends what you want it for. But between the bmw and the zx-10. Id go zx-10 with the grand youll save put it back in to it and smoke anything out there. Everything is cheaper for it, service,parts etc...

My mechanic refuses to work on the BMW because it is just a pita...much more difficult to work on and way more expensive he says..

Dude put down your crack pipe. From all i know the bimmer, but you'll pay for it. But seriously put the pipe down.

Dude are you a dyno operator or stalking one :laugh:

Pass that Crack pipe, don't put it down, it could go out :rofl:

Get what you want and report back

Yeah, the Busa is in a different league. Not worse, not better. Just depends what you want to do with it. Every time I ride a hot sport bike, I enjoy the hell out of it, for about one hour. Then I'm really glad to have my Busa back.

Ill second that,always glad to get back on my busa,very comfortable:thumbsup: i forgot to mention,that rr is a marvel,it suprises me every time i ride it,just this morning i did a quick 120mph w/a slight tuck,didnt feel any resistance at all,amazing.Im 6' 220,but long dis. i gotto go w/ the busa.

Back