Tribo passenger seat cover

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I got this passenger seat cover a few days ago. Sous posted a link for it in another thread, thanks man:thumbsup:
The cover was only $21 shipped from the UK.
It's held on by tightening a drawstring and tieing it. Extremely simple and good quality.
It's like sitting on tape, you do not slide! I got it wet(out riding in the rain:laugh:) and the material became super slick to the touch, much to my suprise you stick to it just the same as when it's dry. My wife is no longer sliding into me.
A great mod and it's cheap! Well worth it.

SDC11761.jpg

SDC11764.jpg

SDC11765.jpg

I am going to roll with a Russell Day Long, been saving pennies already and will have it in the next couple months.

Meet you in the middle somewhere and we'll see which seat is better. Gonna take me about a month before I have the money too.

I like it. My only question is how will it hold up against uv and weather? Did they say anything about the guarantee on life of product?

I like it. My only question is how will it hold up against uv and weather? Did they say anything about the guarantee on life of product?

No warranty info came with it, and I didn't search the site for any either.
It does not absorb water, but I have no idea about the UV effects on the material. My bike is indoors, covered, or has an a$$ on the passenger seat:laugh:, otherwise I'm using the seat cowl.
It appears to be well made and a durable material that should last for quite a while. Only time will tell for sure, but for as well as it works and for only $21 shipped, I'm not concerned.
My first impression is, that if your passenger is sliding around making her and therefore you uncomfortable, this is an excellent solution for cheap, and a must do.:beerchug:

Sure wish I could order one of those seat covers, the site wont let me check out.

Sure wish I could order one of those seat covers, the site wont let me check out.

It won't fit your Corbin rear seat James. You could deffinately make it work though, but you'de need to tie it at the rear of the seat too.
The cover doesn't have enough material to hang over the sides of the Corbin(since it's taller than stock). The drawstring pulls the cover tight and under the rear and sides of the stock seat.
You could contact Tribo tommorrow and see what they offer for larger and thicker seats. Unless you know a bike already that has a passenger seat similiar in size to the Corbin. Since their covers are flat and just pull a drawstring to fit, a larger cover would work fine. If not, you'de have to use a long string/cord and lace it through the holes in the seat cover material edges to hold it on tight.
The cover does stick as well to the seat material as it does to clothes, so at least it won't slide around on the seat.
I hope you can get something to work.:beerchug:

Thanks a bunch Sixpack! I just ordered mine today. I think it was $24 and some change due to the exchange rate. Well worth a try as opposed to buying another seat. I have been looking at the Latigo, but there is just next to no information on the rear pillion. It looks so close to stock I don't want to take a chance. What I did think about is changing the passenger footpegs out for some Yana Shikis that are thinner. This should allow for the passengers feet to drop at least 1/2" is what I am thinking. I just PM'd Pashnit this morning to see what he thought or if he had suggestions since he carries their products.

Again....thanks a ton for the link. I'll keep you guys posted.

Back