Swingarm extensions

karnage

Registered
Just wondering if the extensions are safe and good for street use.I like the look of a 4-6 inch stretch but dont want to spend the money on the swingarm just yet.I have seen some nice kits with everything included to do it right.

I just installed a set of extensions from Fuqua Tool and Die in Hendersonville TN he makes them and they are very good quality,I had it for a month and just love it with 6" the bike looks great and it hooks hard ,he has the combo package in E-bay or you can check his web site.:thumbsup:

Photo0046.jpg

I was looking at those kits.I like the fact that they are made in the USA.:thumbsup:Is the brake line braided?? and is too long or just right??36 inches sounded kinda long.Did it come with an extra chain guide??Looks like where it mounts there is a chain guide.

I was looking at those kits.I like the fact that they are made in the USA.:thumbsup:Is the brake line braided?? and is too long or just right??36 inches sounded kinda long.Did it come with an extra chain guide??Looks like where it mounts there is a chain guide.
Everything is just the right size /lenght braided stainless line ,brake bar ,and the chain is a good brand ,not gold.:beerchug:

I have been wanting to do a extension also and had this same question. I'm sure that an actual extended swing arm is the best way to go but extensions are more cost effective and easier to install and or remove if needed.

I saw one that 06+5busa just did on his old busa over the week end and it really looked good. You could PM him and find out a lot about it.

How far did you lower bike? I am finishing up the drop this weekend as soon as my kick stand comes in. I have the soupy's lowering kit for the front, and I already have links on the back in which I dropped 2 inches. But I will put it on the middle hole on the link.

I have always stated that many bolt on extensions are made incorrectly. The area between the tang and the pocket is too thin. (see the line in the pic)

ExtSwingarm.jpg

IMG_20110324_210531.jpg

IMG_20110324_210643.jpg

IMG_20110326_164514-1.jpg

IMG_20110326_165023.jpg

This is Mike Fuqua, I am the owner at FTD Customs and i wanted to get you guys a update on the swingarm extensions topic.

There are quite a few companies making swingarm extensions these days.

I want to let you know what we do at FTD Customs. We make all of our Extensions from only 6061-T6 Aircraft grade aluminum.
We use only stainless steel bolts in our extensions. The adjuster bolts are the large 3/8 stainless so they will not bend.

You may not get extensions from us at FTD Customs but make sure you do get the 3/8 adjuster bolts and that you get all of the bolts stainless steel or you will regret it.

We have been making high quality swingarm extensions for 8 years.

I am so sure we have the best Extensions made we warranty them for a lifetime. If there is ever a problem with our extensions we replace them free, no questions asked.

We have sold over 40,000 sets of GSXR & Busa extensions and have never had one come back in 8 years.

We also now make a 12" bolt on extension for most all GSXR's and Busa's

You can find us at Custom Harley Wheels, 30 inch Harley Wheels, 26 inch Harley wheels, 23 inch harley Wheels, 21" harley Wheels,Swingarm Extensions,Chrome harley wheels, Hayabusa Wheels, Gsxr Wheels and Wide tire kits - FTD Customs and we also have a ebay store with the same name.

If you ever have any questions about Extensions or installing them feel free to give us a call anytime 615-824-2811

Mike Fuqua
FTD Customs
156 Commerce Drive
Hendersonville TN 37075

email at mikefuqua5813@gmail.com

Back