Looking For a USB charger Adapter for motorcycle

sk8snw8s

Registered
Hello Family
Can anyone direct me to a USB Charger adapter for the motorcycle that hooks to the battery like the Cigarette adapter does. I don't want that cigarette socket charge adapter, I want the USB one that does the same. Most phones and mp3 players now have a USB to charge the units this way I won't have to have a car charger (cigarette adapter) to charge any of my electronics.
Thanks

^^Thats what I was gonna say too

Walmat has adapters that plug into a cigarette style plug to charge via a USB, Ijust got one last night. I already had the cigarette style plug wired up, so it was easist for me. If ya havent run any wires yet, go the 3BR route.

:thumbsup:

I've been kicking that around in my head lately but I really dont ride long enough to need.
A four to six hour ride and I still have plenty of batt life left.
Don't play music or run more than one gps app while I'm riding though so that may have something to do with it.

:thumbsup:

I've been kicking that around in my head lately but I really dont ride long enough to need.
A four to six hour ride and I still have plenty of batt life left.
Don't play music or run more than one gps app while I'm riding though so that may have something to do with it.

Charge your GoPro.....:thumbsup:

Thanks Blanca for the plug. And Pashnit is the place to get all of your powerport needs satisfied.

Charge your GoPro.....:thumbsup:

I've got three batteries for it. In process of losing first one down I95 and second one melting down to the third one I've accrued three of them. Also I've only got a 16gb card which will be all but full by the time the first batt is just about dead.

So thanks for reminding me I need to buy a 32gb card as well as a charging cable from Lurch :poke:

Lurch your welcome. You seem like a really straight up person and anything I can do to help I will. Best of wishes on your ventures. :beerchug:

Once you have one, you honestly can't imagine how you went without it. I have both the TAPP LITE (USB one) and the BARYL (12v constant) powering my Zumo.. Awesome stuff.. Went on a small road trip last weekend, charged the phone, ipod, and ran the Zumo, but most importantly with the Zumo is you can take the whole mount off in 2 seconds instead of leaving the mount on the bike. :cheerleader: :beerchug:

How is it mounted to your bikes

this thread is useless without pics.jpg

Mine is on the left side of the ignition when sitting on the bike. Just ziptied to the wire harnesses back there :thumbsup:
org2.JPG
org3.JPG

Mine is on the left side of the ignition when sitting on the bike. Just ziptied to the wire harnesses back there :thumbsup:
org2.JPG
org3.JPG

That's the route I took as well. I ordered from Pashnit and got it last week. Mounted it before I changed my front tire on Thursday night. Worked very well for charging phones and MP3 players on the road this past weekend.

According to FedEx, I have a RAM setup on my stoop for installation tonight. Hopefully this HTC Evo gets good video. :)

Let me know how the EVO mounts on there. I'm tempted to make a mount for mine... Not for video though, just for Pandora..

It should work out great. I saw a friend's set up with the universal finger-style cradle and the bar mount, and it looked pretty slick. He took some video of our run through Deals Gap on cruisers and it was better quality than my old 1st gen GoPro Motorsports. The only difference is that I bought the reservoir RAM mount for the Bus.

He used a Dremel to cut the cradle off just below where the camera is on the Evo. I think he also made a cut to allow a right-angle USB cord to connect. I'll try to get some photos of my setup when I get the cuts done.

I have a gopro, so no need for the video with my EVO, but I'd like to know how those finger mounts work. They look "flimsy" Can't have my phone skippin' across the freeway at 100mph.. :whistle:

I have a gopro, so no need for the video with my EVO, but I'd like to know how those finger mounts work. They look "flimsy" Can't have my phone skippin' across the freeway at 100mph.. :whistle:

Lol, now that we've jacked the thread.. His setup is solid. I took a better look at it before I pulled the trigger early last week.

The Palm Pre that was replaced by this Evo did the highway skip, and I SWEAR it was in my inner jacket pocket. I was doing the speed limit I swear. At least the speed limit. :rulez:

Back