Frame slider install

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
ok, im installing a pair of frame sliders on my 2000 busa and was wondering if anyone could help a brother out. What im asking is if anyone can take measurements of your frame slider location and maybe a pic of the install to speed up the process. I wanna get it right the first time .  ANY help is GREATLY apreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

<!--EDIT|UNDRPSI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097971923 -->

anybody?
rock.gif
blush.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>    <marquee><span style='color:red'>Warning</span></marquee>    </span>    
Place tape over the pilot drill hole that will cover the diameter of the holesaw by and inch before you cutout the hole using the holesaw. Also put the drill in reverse .

Not like this, without tape.
drillfront.jpg

Just my .02 from a broke down Pimp

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097468187 -->

Also to finish the edge of you hole, seal with clear fingernail polish to protect from chipping or peeling later on.

I am in the middle of this too using cycle58 superslider. I used the pilot hole marking method mentioned in the link above: extending the frame bolt, covering it with grease and replacing the fairing and slapping to make a mark. I did just this and got a nice crack in the fairing exactly where the bolt head hit.

Luckily it all came out with the 2-inch hole drill bit. I've done the right side only so far.

Contrary to what has been written the fairing insulation on my bike has a circular opening exactly where the frame slider goes (on the right side at least). There was no need to remove any insulation material.

My reading of the manual is that 25 foot/pounds is the proper torque for this bolt, can anyone confirm?

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097530427 -->

The left side was easy since the insulation marks the hole pretty well, I used a marker that I cut down in size to mark the right side hole. It was actually a pretty easy install if you just take your time to make sure it is aligned properly. Good luck.

The left side was easy since the insulation marks the hole pretty well, I used a marker that I cut down in size to mark the right side hole.  It was actually a pretty easy install if you just take your time to make sure it is aligned properly.  Good luck.
Very Good Idea... Kinda Got me thinking...

Rev, you don't have frame sliders installed yet? The carbon fiber ones would look pretty nice on old Lilah.

oh poop !!!! i put them up TOP!!! .... oh well, they seem like they stick out further for more protection.

oops!
laugh.gif

JP

UNDRPSI
Rookie

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh poop !!!! i put them up TOP!!! .... oh well, they seem like they stick out further for more protection.

oops!

JP [/QUOTE]

The mark of an unprofessional
tounge.gif

When I saw a Busa done like this, I was like what da fug happen. Anyway like the Playa said , it will provide more protection and thats what matter.

I guess I am at a loss, I have only seen them mounted in one place, except for the ones with the brackets and braces that you dont have to cut holes for.

The "up top" bolt is the main engine mount bolt, the one with the "thrust" adjustment. It did seem to be a better place to me too but the thrust adjustment seemed like something I didn't want to mess with.

I saw on other Busa done up top....Thats a big ooops dude, Next time you're gonna attempt something you've never done before, try to do a search for it on this board there's plenty of pict you could have looked at.
wink.gif

I had to look at the manual to see what you guys were talking about. It is the bolt that I circled red right?

enginemount.JPG

yeah, i did put it there, and it looks fine.. why was it a bad idea to put it there, and dont give me a "theory" just a solid reason why.

not trying to be a d*&k , just wondering.....

POO on YOU RHYTHM..... I am a PRO.... Just happens to be my first set of sliders...... str8t BALLIN YO!!
laugh.gif

JP

Back