where does this vacuum line go?

Irish

Registered
finally got the bike running but my brother said he broke this thing and doesnt remember where it goes and i can find it... any ideas??? its on the throttle side of the bike. seems to be pretty important cause my bike runs like ****. thanks in advance .org!

Attachments

• picfororg.bmp
    852.2 KB · Views: 4,011
Any open vacuum line will make the bike run bad.
Have you removed the pair valve? Could go there.
Is there another vacuum hose that points to the front of the bike? If not then it may go to the flapper valve in the airbox.
Figure it out yet? Can you take a better picture of all the other hoses?

like pipefighter said, any open vacuum line will make the bike run bad.
heres a pic of the 2 vacuum lines connected to the bottom of the airbox. the top one goes to the IAC flapper, the bottom one goes to the IAP sensor.

they really arent on the throttle side, i couldn't see your pic.
hope this helps...

Capture1.jpg

I hate to sound like an idiot and yea, sorry about the poor quality picture but what and where is the pair valve. And thanks guys this hose has been driving me up a wall for hours
Posted via Mobile Device

The pair valve is a epa device, that is normally taken off whenever people start modding their bikes. The pair valve is located behind the header with tubes going up above where the headers tie into the engine, there will be a vacuum hose off the throttle bodies going to it, and then a hose going into the airbox from the pair valve.

Irish, I can see the picture now, this morning it was just a red "x". If your question hasnt been answered by the time I get home, Ill go through my pics and post a more helpful one.

I hope you get it figured out, I know you've been frustrated...

ok, here are some more pics... im still lost on this one. i hate this jolting around business, it is ridable but rough.

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

one more highlighting the questionable line. and again, sorry for the first picture, its really tedious to post pics from my cell phone but now im home and u can have all the pics u like :)

IMAG0113.jpg

ok cool thanks, now its time to figure out what im going to do with it since the little plastic nipple was broke off in the tube. rubber cement sounds good right about now, maybe silicone

Ok so i read through that forum and know what i must do! DEATH TO THE PAIR VALVE!! So i do have a full D&D exhaust and its been throwing 2 foot flames since i got it and i can see the pair valve. Took us breaking this vacuum line to diagnose the backfire FIRE issue hahaha. Thanks PipeFighter! and thanks again and again and again Denon, one thing i can count on, the .oRg got my back! Bought a bike that has problems and with no mechanical knowledge, I am slowly but surely ironing them out with ALL of You Guys' help!

ORG BROTHERHOOD FOR LIFE!

Ok so i read through that forum and know what i must do! DEATH TO THE PAIR VALVE!! So i do have a full D&D exhaust and its been throwing 2 foot flames since i got it and i can see the pair valve. Took us breaking this vacuum line to diagnose the backfire FIRE issue hahaha. Thanks PipeFighter! and thanks again and again and again Denon, one thing i can count on, the .oRg got my back! Bought a bike that has problems and with no mechanical knowledge, I am slowly but surely ironing them out with ALL of You Guys' help!

ORG BROTHERHOOD FOR LIFE!

Hell yea bro! Glad you got this figured out, I wish we were closer, I would be working on the bikes every weekend with u, I am an idiot mechnically but I love to learn!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back