Full throttle through 1st & 2nd

How many times full throttle from standing to red line 1st & 2nd gear?

• Almost never

Votes: 173 47.3%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 103 28.1%
  • Often

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • At least once every ride

Votes: 39 10.7%
  • All the time

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Check the poll. How often do you go full throttle from standing to the red line through 1st and 2nd gear on the street?

What does second gear top out at? well over 100. I definitely do not hit that on the street hardly

I do not think I have ever pulled full throttle in first or second gear. I have done so in third for a few seconds, but then backed off because the speed builds so fast.

Even with a 2" stretch and leaning over the tank I can't get to WFO in 1st until 9K or more without looping it. Taking it out 3 more inches this year-hopefully it'll be enough. If not I'll have to try closing the secondary throttle plates in 1st with ECU Editor to keep it down.

I usually only do it at the drag strip. It's just not that much fun to me on the street. I'm stretched a lot, so I'm just gonna slide through the gears usually anyway. Sometimes I go WOT after I cruise to 4-5k just to see how much traction I get at that particular spot (usually if I'm really bored) but to finish up and hit redline in 2nd? That's too fast for city streets. The risk/reward is not worth it. Cops, people pulling out in front, road debris/holes, etc. At WOT it's tough to avoid those things.

I'll sometimes drop it into 2nd or 3rd on the highway and have some fun, but straight up 1st and 2nd WOT to redline is a very rare occurrence on the street.

Diff to go full throttle for me in first but I usually roll into full throttle and shift second at full throttle in order to enjoy a nice lil power wheelie out of the deal :)

I have never full throttled mine in any gear. I usually cruise at 90 to 100 on the interstate but that is in 6th gear

I have to fill the tank to the rim to use much throttle in first gear without short shifting...sometimes that helps

I actually run quicker short track times with a full tank than I do with an empty tank

no one said where... I'm stretched, slammed and run a lockup clutch. Launching isn't the big problem it's right when the engine peaks before the shifts. The front always gets light and sometimes the front starts to climb. :thumbsup:
That seems impossible to me... Full throttle??? In town?? That equals wheelies...:whistle:

cleaning the mud off your rear wheel will help with traction too. :poke::laugh::thumbsup:
I have to fill the tank to the rim to use much throttle in first gear without short shifting...sometimes that helps

I actually run quicker short track times with a full tank than I do with an empty tank

dont think i've ever been wot... got close to redline once or twice tho... i just dont need to cause i weigh 170 and get goin so fast so quick... maybe if i get to run at maxton next time....:thumbsup:

Back