Dyna beads

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for some real world reveiws and opinions on dyna beads. Do they perform well at high speed? Are they better than traditional weights? Anything to look out for? Do they perform well throughout the life of the tire?
I can get a local car garage a mile and a half from home to change my bike tires for $10 each(I bring him my wheels)but his balancer can't do bike tires. The dealers are a 60 mile round trip and $30 per wheel! It's getting ridculous.
I was going to buy a balancing stand and do them myself, but if dyna beads work well I'll just start using them. Thanks for any input.

I think MC Mustang knows about these six..send him a PM...

Using them in my rear at the momment (as a test) and so far i have to say they work at least as well as standard weights, if not better...

Periodicly however, i can hear them washing around in the tire, which has made me do a double take...

I use them in the tire of my Trailer. Before them I had a heck of a time to get them to balance properly and no luck. I'd send them to get balanced and still a hop like crazy, I'd take'm right back and same thing.
As soon as I put them beads in the tire, problem solved.
And note it's only a 10 Tire so when I cruise it's gotta move

Tho I have not tried them on my Bike

I use them in the tire of my Trailer. Before them I had a heck of a time to get them to balance properly and no luck. I'd send them to get balanced and still a hop like crazy, I'd take'm right back and same thing.
As soon as I put them beads in the tire, problem solved.
And note it's only a 10 Tire so when I cruise it's gotta move

Tho I have not tried them on my Bike

Even though it isn't a bike tire, that's good to hear.

My Dad uses them in the VTX and Goldwing and has nothing but good things to say. I've done multiple 2K mile trips on the VTX and never had any issue with them. I've not put them in the Busa yet because I haven't needed new tires until well, now. So they're going in this next tire change.

Side note, if you inform the person doing your tire changes, frequently you can reclaim the beads, so that you dont have to buy new ones each change...

just tossing that out as well..

Everyone I've talked to say they are fine for 18 wheelers and big rigs but recommended against them in a bike. The place I use was 50/50 on them and def said getting all of them into wheel thru valve stem was really fun :laugh:
I started a thread about them awhile back. Let me search for it as it had some good posts in it. Wait a bit......

Using them in my rear at the momment (as a test) and so far i have to say they work at least as well as standard weights, if not better...

Periodicly however, i can hear them washing around in the tire, which has made me do a double take...

:laugh:That's good to hear, I'de like to know if they perform well in the front too.
How many do you use? Is there a recomendation per tire size?

Side note, if you inform the person doing your tire changes, frequently you can reclaim the beads, so that you dont have to buy new ones each change...

just tossing that out as well..

That's good to know that they're reusable. The guy that changes them for me is the owner, and a rider, he has an SV650.

Everyone I've talked to say they are fine for 18 wheelers and big rigs but recommended against them in a bike. The place I use was 50/50 on them and def said getting all of them into wheel thru valve stem was really fun :laugh:
I started a thread about them awhile back. Let me search for it as it had some good posts in it. Wait a bit......

Thanks Saiid:beerchug:

My Dad uses them in the VTX and Goldwing and has nothing but good things to say. I've done multiple 2K mile trips on the VTX and never had any issue with them. I've not put them in the Busa yet because I haven't needed new tires until well, now. So they're going in this next tire change.

Thankyou, that's what I want to hear.:thumbsup:

:laugh:That's good to hear, I'de like to know if they perform well in the front too.
How many do you use? Is there a recomendation per tire size?

Yeah there is a chart, or some such thing that specifies how much to put in..

i believe they are measured by the half ounce.... and you need 2 oz in the rear, and 1 in the front i think.... (from memory)

Big thing is, buy the cheesy little plastic applicator... it makes installing a snap... attaches to the valve stem, and pour on in...

Yeah there is a chart, or some such thing that specifies how much to put in..

i believe they are measured by the half ounce.... and you need 2 oz in the rear, and 1 in the front i think.... (from memory)

Big thing is, buy the cheesy little plastic applicator... it makes installing a snap... attaches to the valve stem, and pour on in...

Thank you sir. Since it's a specific amount per tire/position/size, I wonder if they could be put in the tire before the tire beads are sealed from the air pressure? 90 degree valve stems may be a pain:laugh:

Yeah, 90 degree stems are definitly a pain...

Otherwise, they are basically put in right before airing up the tire...

Thanks Saiid:beerchug:

Ok.....I give......UNCLE!
Too many durn threads I've got !
I could swear I started a thread about same but can't find it?
Maybe asked about them in another one I did I don't know but I give up :(

Ok.....I give......UNCLE!
Too many durn threads I've got !
I could swear I started a thread about same but can't find it?
Maybe asked about them in another one I did I don't know but I give up :(

That's ok, I appreciate you looking. Goatkart and a couple other members with personal experience with them have made me confident enough to try them. Thanks guys:beerchug:

Back