Pingel Air Shifter Questions

TPNasty

Registered
Hey guys, I'm Tim, and I'm new to your forum. I had a few questions about my newly acquired Busa. I just recently purchased an 2005 Busa and it came somewhat modified, it has an extended swing-arm and Pingel air shifter. This is not my 1st bike, Ive been a rider for 7 years on a few bikes, so my rider skill can handle this bigger bike, my main question was since Ive never used an air shifter 1. How do I engage/ disengage it? 2. When I go to upshift is it extremely abrupt? 3. is there anything i should be on the lookout for with this setup? Thank you for ur time and hopefully helpful answers

There is usually a switch that you use to toggle back and forth between the horn/shifter.

One way it operates the horn, the other it operates the air shifter. Flip the switch and make sure you have air (or CO2 ) pressure and go thru the gears, hitting the button each time you want to shift, never letting off the throttle. It should be nice and smooth, and not abrupt at all

You may want to check with the previous owner if you can. See how he had it set-up, but like stated, usually the horn button is used as the upshift

Back