25,000 miles

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
Yep, after bringing my baby home 5 years ago I finally hit 25,000 miles.

Happened on way to the office this morning right next to Sears Point Raceway. Kind of a poetic moment.

Obviously I need to ride more often.

Other than standard maintenance items (oil, cleaning, lube) I've gone through 5 sets of tires, 1 fork seal change, 2 batteries.

To celebrate the upcoming milestone I Pledged allegience the the Pledge this morning and shined it up all pretty like. It was a tropical 43*F when I left this morning. Please hurry up summer!

photo.JPG

Man, you need to ride moooooooore.
I already have 30.000 miles on my 2008. What's wrong with you:poke:

Unfortunately my super-long rides usually involve a VTX 1300 and I leave from Wisconsin. The Busa goes on the short blasts. Lots of rides, not a ton of miles.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

25k check your chain. Mine went at 24K. But i am still on my 1st battery at 45K. I have owned it for 2.5 years, 2005 model bought with 4k on the Odom. Too many tire changes to count and my second set of fork seals. we have very bumpy roads around here!

congrats :beerchug:

+1 on checking the chain, my OEM was done around 22K

Two; pull the chain from the back of the rear sprocket. If you can see daylight between the chain and the sprocket, it's time to change!!

Congrats on the milestone!! I hit the big 30,000 not long ago, still going strong with original battery. Have put 25,000 miles on her in 3 years! :thumbsup:

Back