How do you know when the CCT is shot?

hayabusaboy

Registered
Guys,

My busa is a 2000, stock engine with 32,000 commuter/spirited weekend riding miles on the clock. How do you know when the CCT is shot? If I remove it, will I be able to see it needs replacing? She is a little noisy up top, but i put that down to her needing a TB sync.

What do you thisnk guys? ???

I'm pretty sure there was a recall, don't remember what years, but it was the older bikes. You may just need the valves adjusted.

Also , is the idle adjusted properly. They don't oil the top end well at low idle.

I've checked with suzuki GB and my busa had the update on the CCT. I have the idle set at 1,400 rpm. I know she is due a TB sync, so not sure if it's that, plus I haven't ridden her much recently due to the crap weather, so my ears aren't as tuned to the noises as they usually are. I will be checking the valve clearences at easter, thanks to jinkster's great photo guide!

I just wondered if they had a mileage life span that they are normally changed at. I've just clicked over 32,000 :thumbsup:

My '06 had 36K hard 36K and never had a wrench put on it. It was completely silent on top. I rode a friends 636 and it sounded like metal parts being thrown everywhere. I was waiting for something to pop through the tank. He said it sounded that way the day he bought it.

My Gen II is a little noisy when I start it, but settles out quickly.

Maybe it's me being a little paranoid! She has always been a little noisy. Would I just change the adjuster shaft and spring?

You can use a mechanical adjustable type but it does NOT adjust on its own. Not recommended if you dont keep an eye on it.

Thanks lads, will have a look at the manual tensioner. If I wanted to stick with the Auto tensioner, do i just need the Spring and adjuster shaft?

Have a dealer run your VIN to see if the recall on the CCT has been performed. If it's been fixed, keep on riding. But if there is no record of that recall being done, get it taken care of ASAP. The new one should be maintenance free and last for the life of the engine.

My first post on the oRg

Have a dealer run your VIN to see if the recall on the CCT has been performed. If it's been fixed, keep on riding. But if there is no record of that recall being done, get it taken care of ASAP. The new one should be maintenance free and last for the life of the engine.

My first post on the oRg

+1 This would be a great way to begin

I spoke to Suzuki GB and it has been updated. If it last's the life of the engine then i will stop worrying then!! Valve clearence check and a TB sync should do the trick then!

Thanks!

Spend a minute and make sure your TPS is adjusted. Otherwise, a crappy idle is very likely.

Thanks IG. My TPS is showig high on the dealer mode, so it is one of the many things i will be doing in a couple of weeks. I posted a question a couple of weeks ago asking if anyone knew what T size the security hex is to loosen the TPS for adjustment? Any ideas????

Back