Thinking to get bike dyno tuned.

Two

Banned
Hi All,
My 2008 busa has never been dyno-tuned. It has a FULL dual TITANIUM EXHAUST, PC3 and K/N air filter.

My question is will I notice much difference in having my bike custom dyno-tuned? And how much $$ am i looking at to have it done?
Thanks all.

Greetings two,
Yes you will notice that the bike will run smoother through out the rev range. Will you be able to notice the small HP gain if any? Maybe. As for cost that all depends on where and who does it and how long it takes. I would say $250-300 for a custom map.

:welcome: to the org. agree with cheferman. it will run better for sure. just make sure you find a good and i mean a good tuner. Otherwise you will be throwing away your money. Maybe a member knows of one near were you are...

Not sure where you're at but Steve at Las Vegas DynoTech does great work, charged me only $200 for my custom top speed map for LSR.

Thanks guys and gals, I am in Minnesota.

Another thing, is it a good idea to take any precautions like removing your side fairings before taking it to the guy to get it custom tuned?

I don't like anyone messing with my fairings who does not know where all the pins and clips go.

Another thing, is it a good idea to take any precautions like removing your side fairings before taking it to the guy to get it custom tuned?

I don't like anyone messing with my fairings who does not know where all the pins and clips go.

They shouldn't need to touch your fairings to tune a power commander

Depending on where you are in Minnesota, you may want to give these guys a try. Purchase my Power Commander from them. Fuel Moto USA Located in Little Chute, WI

:welcome:

If they cant figure that out, you need to leave, FAST!!

Hey another minnesota guy finally!! haha :welcome: but yes you should notice a nice differance with a tune:thumbsup:

I also have a dual full system , a pcV and K&N. I found after a dynotune I regained the acceleration ( mid range) I lost after the aftermarket system install. My tuner said that the bike was running too rich, ( I had installed the manufacturers Map,which is ok until you get to a tuner). Its well worth the money. In my case $300.... Also gained 5-7 MPG:thumbsup:

06busa just got his done Monday. He said he can really tell the difference. He went to Charlotte NC. Its kinda far for you but I am sure you can find someone closer to you. Good luck

Thanks, cant wait for the snow to melt soo i can ride.
Getting tired of Minnesota, I wanna move to Florida:cheerleader:

Your telling me. :rofl: This winter has been a long game of warmups followed by large snowfalls. Cant wait to see grass and clean roads!:thumbsup:

They shouldn't need to touch your fairings to tune a power commander

I guess you never tuned lowed bikes?
If they are slammed tje rail for the front wheel will crack both lowers, plus if you do pull them it is easier for the bike to cool.
I usually don't unless it is a turbo or lowered

Back