Tire or the Rider ?

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
No NOT another Tire thread just want your Honest Opinion. Is the Tire level of performance more important than the Riders Skill Level ???

Visa-Versa ?

Robert

Just wasting my time posting in you're dumb arse thread lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Robert I think they go hand in hand.... Put a great rider on vaseline and he isn't going to turn well.. Vice Versa put the best tires and an inexperienced rider and he is going to crash too...

I think to Babusa's point the rider can make more happen with less...

A pro rider will ride to the tire's limits...he will be slower on crappy tires, but he will out ride many people that are on better tires.

A novice on the BEST tires is still gonna be slow and make many mistakes...it takes skill, good equipment, and smart decisions (back to the skill thing)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, rider more important...

Most average riders are challenged to ride to the limits of even street tires, let alone track quality ones...

I guess it is the Rider. I Personally Witness a Rider take on Monitor Pass on a KAWI Concourse with Touring Tires last year...............WOW he was FAST !!!

Performance tires does not improve ones skills.

However, a sticky tire does give the rider a larger margin for error over a shinko.

OOPS! I mean touring tire! :laugh:

Performance tires does not improve ones skills.

However, a sticky tire does give the rider a larger margin for error over a shinko.

OOPS! I mean touring tire! :laugh:

Use your spell check! It's spelled "Stinko". Silent "T" or something. :rofl:

Of course we all Know that PP's are the best money can buy. :poke:

skill is where it begins. quality of equipment follows the skill of the rider. as your skills increase, you need better and better equipment so as not out ride your machine/exceed the performance barriers off the bike.

well thats my 2 cents anyway.

No NOT another Tire thread just want your Honest Opinion. Is the Tire level of performance more important than the Riders Skill Level ???
Visa-Versa ?
Robert

A great rider with cr@p tyres is a lot more
competitive than a cr@p rider with great tyres.

Rider Skill/ Tires & Motorcycle design, everything has it's value and all is important. A skilled rider knows the importance and capability of all aspects of his/her machine as well as how to use them :beerchug:

and unskilled rider should know his limitations :whistle:

And find the proper venue to improve his or her skill :laugh:

He could have lost his leg he is lucky :beerchug:

i think its important to have better tires- it helps inspire confidence and encourage learning to be a better rider. i think maybe skills come from running the good equipment and allowing a bit of rider error. if a rider has crap tires, its hard to get better because the tires have a definite limit, and the new rider wont know where that is untill he finds it (read-> crashes). whereas if the tires are more capable, the rider will follow more easily down the skill path and get better. just my thoughts...

Back