Who has a tank bib?

busa186

Registered
where do you put the elastic cord? do you just run it up and over the bolts that hold the gas tank? looks kinda cheesy... does your tank have a hard time closing? Does the cord just get smashed? ??? here is some pics

bib.jpg

bib1.jpg

mine doesn't have that strap that goes around the front of the tank. mine has magnets and U clips (2 on each side) and it stays put. it was on the bike when i got it but it doesn't look hard to put on and get it to stay. and I dont know the brand i have, it looks like the one in the pic but has busa kanji on it

ok, I lifted the tank and I do have that cord you are talking about. it is fed under the tank and hooked over the bolt holes for the tank. lift the tank and try to postion the strap under it a bit more.

yes, that is how i mounted mine on my gen 1. cord goes under the 2 tank bolts and sits in place. there were also some clips that will hook up on the edges of the tank for a snug fit. i went the other way this go around with a clear 3m and i really like it. make sure you watch out for water getting trapped under it because it will leave a permanent line around the top.

My old one had a flat elastic strap. I never secured it up by the bolts, never had a problem.

I didn't know it was supposed to go over the bolt holes up top. I just put the clips around the sides and assumed the underside pressure of the tank would push on the elastic enough to keep it in place. Sheesh, I may take a peek at mine later this week. Like Padre de Tres, I've had no problems with it.

Thanks for the input. It would be better if it had magnets instead of the cord. I thought of letting it go under the tank and letting the pressure hold it but the top edges come up a little.

I wonder where I would be in life if I applied half of this perfection to my job as I did my bike!!

Back