No cut sliders? Only T-Rex available?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I need to put some sliders on my bike and I have googled and googled and all I seem to come up with is T-Rex. And they only seem to come in black but I want white or silver for my LE.

Any ideas, pple.......?

The t-rex no cuts are very nice. I have a set that i have not installed yet. I dont know of another company that sells them besides t-rex

I looked and looked as well.. and the guy at my local shop said the only ones he know of, is the cutting kind.. I am like you, I am not cutting my fairings and i was blue ones...lol

Bikebydesign sells no cuts that look pretty much the same as trex but supposed to be much, much stronger from what i have read. Think they are about triple the price of trexes though. Happy with my no-cut trex sliders so far and hopefully i never have to test the durability of them

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the no cuts are "no protection" and ok for a drop in your garage but not much else. I don't want to cut either but would rather spend the time and save $$$$ if/when I drop in a corner.

I a curious about this now too. I wonder if they are only for gentle drops instead of crashes????

the reason is , in a hard crash the rod that goes across the motor has been known to bend so tha not only does your bike get scratched but you need a radiator . f you go down in a higher speed you are going to need insurance anyway.

I don't want to cut either but would rather spend the time and save $$$$ if/when I drop in a corner.

This bike took a spill @ 45 mph: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/146584-t-rex-sliders.html

Bottomline, ANY SLIDER is better than none (just ask the guys who've had driveway tip-overs......myself included :banghead: ) I dropped my Gen I while washing it...sure wished I had sliders then.

As frisbee above hinted at, you'll have BIGGER things to worry about with any spill at high speed.

I slid mine (Bike Design) down the shutdown area of the dragstrip and they performed as designed. No damage to the radiator. Between those and the Woodcraft I was able to race the full day.

You are not going to save the plastic with any of them. Maybe reduce the amount of damage but even in a drive way tip there is going to be a few minor scratches on the plastic. However, sliders and a good stator cover may make the difference between a calling a buddy with a trailer to come get you and riding the rest of the day. I changed the nylon end (the old is about 3/4" shorter now) and the slider is like new.

A quality "cut" version is a better choice "IF" you are willing to cut the plastic. I wasn't willing.

Back