How do you cut your exhaust down?

Lil guy Big Busa

Registered
What's involved in it, is it difficult, does it effect the bike in a negative way at all? What about sound is it super loud? I have rs3 slipons, and the right side one had a dent in it which is bugging me so I want to just cut them down but need the pros and cons if any

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What's involved in it, is it difficult, does it effect the bike in a negative way at all? What about sound is it super loud? I have rs3 slipons, and the right side one had a dent in it which is bugging me so I want to just cut them down but need the pros and cons if any

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you cut them down if may be a little louder but with RS-3s with the baffle and packing still in it, it will not be super loud. You wont notice a difference other than maybe minimal sound if you cut them down. You need to drill out the rivets on the bottom and just slice the cans at the point you want them cut down then rivet them back in

i did my carbon trs last weekend. i dont know if the rs3 is the same or not, but my baffle was welded both at the inlet and outlet, so be prepared for that. i had to cut and trim my baffle to match so that when i put it all back together it would be a tight fit. and make sure you use a good riveting tool, not the small one handed ones. i picked up a good one from harbor freight for 23 bucks and it made the job so much easier. good luck.

You usually have to trim the baffle because of the alum block thats at the bottom of the can. All u need is measuring tools, dremel, drill, and a rivet gun.

You always do the bottom because when you trim the baffle if it's on the tip side your packing will fly out

I did mine last year with no problems. It does make it louder but not much. Good tips above, cut the bottom and get a good rivet gun.

I have a full system that I want to sell, but it has a scratch on it, I was thinking to make it into a shorty. Do you guys think people will like them or should I but the replacment sleeve?

Back