tank removal...

rockethead

Registered
I know I have to unbolt the tank to remove it but what about the fuel? on my old 500 i had to drain the tank before removing the tank.... is there a quick disconnect or anything on the GEN1 tanks ? I want to get the tank off so I have more room for filter/plugs change and i want to put Vstacks on as well. some info would be great. I searched to forums so hope this hasn't been answered already... Thanks

Rob

It's probly easier just to prop it up. Takin the tank off is a bit of a pain, the bolt at the base of it runs right into the frame. But, if ya do, the fuel line is a quick release, you'll lose a few drops so put a towel down underneath. It won't all run out.Don't forget the wiring harness also. Someone to help would be great too, its kinda awkward to hold it and unplug the line and wires. I just set the tank in an oversized flower pot lined with a sheet, keeps the fuel pump from sitting on the ground.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

It's a lot more trouble to remove the tank...just use the prop rod and change your plugs and filter :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

yep, theyre correct. just did mine the other day. Do plugs ONE at a time... in and out for each one...

Oh and if you can..take the v stacks back and get your money back... they will not help you at all fwiw.

I haven't bought the stacks yet. was thinking about it. filter and plugs are on their way (along with the FP tactical folding levers)

On a genI, removed the two bracket bolts, slide tank and bracket forward and remove the main bolt. The bracket stays near the battery box

Tiger Racing (site sponsor) makes a quick release pin for the tank. $26.95.

Tiger Racing Hayabusa Tank Pins

Picture 1.png

Back