Positive call from shop

ibeb

Registered
End of last October I picked up my 05 black/silver bone stock other than Yosh slip-ons and a pc3. Bike only had 10400 miles and was in dire need of new rubber - cords showing on front. I do most of my own work on my other bikes, but have also had most since new and have complete history of all service and what has been done/happened to the scoot. I don't have an easy way of removing the tires on the busa yet, so decided to just ride it 4 miles to the local bike shop that I use and have them swap the tires and give the bike a good once over/safety check. Got the call from them today that all was done and all the bike is in need of now is a new battery and the front brakes are at 25%. They checked chain, sprockets, radiator, changed the oil for me since it was there and opened up and gave it a thorough once over for me. The shop is my local Honda/Yamaha/Victory shop that I have done business with for years, but their shop manager and one of there techs used to work for a Suzuki shop and know the bike extremely well. Now I just need to get it home once all this damn snow leaves again, put in my new plugs and get a battery and order some front brake pads. Can't wait for better weather to get some miles on her. And yes, I know it dosen't exist without a pic, so I have attached a crappy phone pic from when I first brough her home. Erik

IMG_0393.jpg

Over the winter I have added smoked front signals, smoked integrated rear signal/brake light, smoked double bubble shield, tank cover, roadlok, galpher front lines, and the rear cowl/hump with the tiger racing trunk. Not doing too bad since bike, add-ons and recent trip to the shop I'm still under $5k invested. This helps me keep the VTX in the stable for now :-)

When it was there I asked them to give me a complete run down on the bike. The fronts are down to about 25%, so I will probably do them this spring sothat I don't have to mess with them later. That and the battery are the only things that need attention. Erik

Thanks everyone. Will post some new pics when I'm able to get her home from the shop. Main roads are getting better, but still have a few inches of snow and ice on the side roads.

Back