Is this too low? *Pics inside*

Mr Droo

Registered
I used some soupy's fully adjustable links, adjustable kickstand, and a 1" spacers under a stock triple clamp, then lowered it so the fork adjusters came through the top like stock. Here's what I got.... Note: I've not ridden it yet because of the egregious amount of snow.

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

I think it looks awesome, but others will comment on the practicality of lowering. A buddy of mine said the 05 LE looks like a medieval armored horse.

Does the front fender hit the fairing at full compression? If not then the handling will tell the rest of the story.

Full compression... I sat on it and hopped up and down, didn't hit anything front or rear. I'm guessing the test will be pot holes and speed bumps. For the spring bash, I'm gonna raise it back to stock height.

Looks good shouldn't have any problems mine was lowered about the same
Posted via Mobile Device

When i went down just over 1 inch, under compression my front fender would touch the radiator... barely, but it did...

Course, i do need to do some tweaking on the suspension...

I'm actually raising mine back up front and rear a smiggin for the sake of the turbo hanging low, and everything else... It does look bad ass, but you loose cornering ability... Even a mediocre rider like myself noticed it IMMEDIATLY...

The first time my toes touched ground in a light corner was a rude awakening...

High speed straight line stability was however improved and i felt like aerodynamics improved as well...

just my .02

They look great lowered, close to slammed in your case. It will bottom out much easier, especially with a rider on board, and you will definitely find hard parts much quicker in the corners. Please keep this in mind.

I did the exact same on my bike and it was fine , then I got a longer swingarm and lowered the rear more . You will notice a very small differance in the twisties from the rear being lowered but you'll get used to it

I had mine lowered like that. It was great in traffic but I didn't feel confident cornering hard, so I raised the rear up again. Left the front down, though.

Back