shorty levers

dsbunton646

Registered
For those of you who have them, I don't want to start another cheap vs. expensive battle, but I would like to know if a shorty clutch lever is as easy to use as a stock length one. I want to get a set but i generaly clutch with all four fingers. i always brake with two so no big deal on that side. I do Biketoberfest, Bike week, etc.. and often have to hold the clutch for a bit while in traffic. Does it make a difference? Also curious about general riding and clutching up the front end. Any input is appreciated.

Ordered my shorties a few weeks ago but they are bring shipped from china so they wont be here for a while. i'd suggest getting on a buddies bike that has shorties and see if u like them. it is honesty all about personal preference. I find that i cant clutch with 2 fingers with full levers because i would crush the remaining fingers lol but i break with one. The way i see it is levers are so cheap that if i dont like them after a week or 2 of testing i can always just buy a set of full length and sell the shorts for cheap. as for clutching up wheelies, i like to keep my rubber planted on the ground.

I've got ASV shorties on my Gen II. I clutch with the two middle fingers, but I can get 4 on the lever if I wanted.

I like my regular aftermarket levers. I broke my stock clutch and it was in essense a shorty :laugh: and I did not like it at all, however it did not affect anything and it was used the same way as a regular lever. I think its just a matter of preference for the individual and not really much of a performance difference.

Any drag racing or heavy clutch springs I would consider a long lever. That's why I got long levers and got matching brake side for symmetry although some people run long and short combo.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've got ASV shorties on my Gen II. I clutch with the two middle fingers, but I can get 4 on the lever if I wanted.

same here......my short stubby fingers are very happy with ASV C5 shorties :thumbsup:.

very happy with my pazzo shorties and have no problems clutching with 3 or 4 fingers on my 08

Any drag racing or heavy clutch springs I would consider a long lever. That's why I got long levers and got matching brake side for symmetry although some people run long and short combo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Same for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorts outsell the longs 2 to 1.

DSC08519.jpg

DSC08526.jpg

DSC08525.jpg

P1113967.jpg

P1113967.jpg

DSC08519.jpg

DSC08526.jpg

DSC08525.jpg

I like those Fp levers and they definetely look better to me. I don't drag race or have heavy springs in it. I just hate to drop a 150.00 bucks to be unhappy with it. They don't look that much shorter from the pics above. Can I order them in a set from Pashnit with one long and one short or does the price go up? I really like the sport ones better but doesn't look like they even come in a standrd length. Anyone no if the shorty FP sport and shorty FP folding levers are the same length?

I prefer my "Chazzo" shorties:whistle: I love them. And I do drag race.. they are better in about every way. I use two fingers on the clutch and brake as I always have with dirtbikes.

shorties are just fine unless you go to drag/heavier clutch springs . Long sits in traffic are always uncomfotable

For those of you who have them, I don't want to start another cheap vs. expensive battle, but I would like to know if a shorty clutch lever is as easy to use as a stock length one. I want to get a set but i generaly clutch with all four fingers. i always brake with two so no big deal on that side. I do Biketoberfest, Bike week, etc.. and often have to hold the clutch for a bit while in traffic. Does it make a difference? Also curious about general riding and clutching up the front end. Any input is appreciated.

If you do that your gonna want full length levers.
I've got full aftermarket levers and only use two fingers to clutch.
Properly set you should be able to like me use two and leave two on grip without mashing your knuckles. You don't have to draw clutch in all the way to make a shift or sit at a light in gear. But sometimes when like you I sit in traffic it's really nice to be able to get a full four finger grip on the lever.

I think the longs can do everything the shorties can do but the shorties can't do everything the longs can do.

I'm not gonna lie; I bought the shorties because they look so much better than the longs, but I have to tell you that I do all kinds of riding and have never felt that the shorties required more of an effort to use. I just have not noticed a difference. The brakes and clutch on the Busa are hydraulic and I just don't think it makes a big difference.

ASV's on mine. I like the short lever probb. due to dirtbiking too much. I run them offroad also.The ASV has more adjustability than most of the other brand's. I have good size hand's, sometime's XL is a smidge too tight. Depending on the size and streangth of your hand's you might wan't to stick with the stock length. ASV offers them in both short and stock length.

Back