Got the girl and the trophy

babybusa

Registered
Hello All!
I'm a newbie and first off I want to thank everyone :bowdown: for making this forum absolutly awesome! I have learned tons and have been completley entertained :thumbsup: I am totally hooked on busas and want to share my story of how I got there so here goes :beerchug:

After 25 years without a bike I bought a 98ZX9R. Took it to the track last summer a couple of times, won a few rounds (bracket racing) but noticed there were alot of busas. I wasn't too familiar with the busa so I did a little research and after considering a ZX14 ??? I decided on the busa. In the middle of the season I found a bone stock 06 with 3400 miles for 5K. Added a lowering link. Rode it around, put about 30 miles on it, then headed for the track. Here is how track day went :laugh:

Round 1: me vs gen I busa. Guys fuel pump was going bad. Easy win.
Round 2: me vs ZX14. He redlighted :rofl: I win.
Round 3: me vs liter bike. Just schooled him. I win.
Semi final: Got the bye cause of my reaction time :laugh:
Final: me vs gen II busa: raced the points leader and beat him by .02 :cheerleader: got him on the start:lol:

It was a total blast for this 1/2 century old guy.
the first pic is the field-the gold busa in the back is piloted by a 70 year old dude. The second pic is well.............me and the girl :beerchug:

005.jpg

bob_win.jpg

I don't know much about drag racing but seems you schooled a bunch of folkes!

Good Job! :thumbsup:

Back