Biking Shorts vs New Seat

StwBusa

Banned
Thought I would share a little something... Just in case its not widely known..
When I go for a loooong ride I wear Biking Shorts/Underwear.. They have a large Gel pad in the crotch area which helps tremendously in padding that area of our bodies that seems to have no natural padding whatsoever.. bobos Sporting goods sell them for around $26 ....A lot cheaper than a gel seat and I suspect just as effective....

Do with this info as you will.... They work for me..:beerchug:

sounds like the perfect name to sell those!

But really, they do work nice for those non-padded areas....

No worries.... Now be aware they are not a panacea for all seat related issues but do improve matters considerably (for me at least)
:beerchug:

Just a note: You don't wear underwear with cycling shorts. Just the shorts alone. I assume you mean that you are wearing cycling shorts underneath your leathers? I usually wear underarmour type long pants under my one piece leathers so that you can actually get your leathers off on a hot day!:thumbsup:

Just a note: You don't wear underwear with cycling shorts. Just the shorts alone. I assume you mean that you are wearing cycling shorts underneath your leathers? I usually wear underarmour type long pants under my one piece leathers so that you can actually get your leathers off on a hot day!:thumbsup:

Point taken... I guess I meant I am using them as underwear:laugh:

Thought I would share a little something... Just in case its not widely known..
When I go for a loooong ride I wear Biking Shorts/Underwear.. They have a large Gel pad in the crotch area which helps tremendously in padding that area of our bodies that seems to have no natural padding whatsoever.. bobos Sporting goods sell them for around $26 ....A lot cheaper than a gel seat and I suspect just as effective....

Do with this info as you will.... They work for me..:beerchug:

I wear them under my leathers whenever I'm going for a long ride.

i started wearing those last summer when i picked up mountain biking. the chamois shorts make riding the bus a little more comfortable ,especially long rides.:thumbsup:

i'm toooo sexyy for those shorts, toooo sexy for those shorts, sooo sexyyyyy it hurrrrts....jk, i might have to get a pair and try them out.

I always thought about trying a set out, but thought I'd look like a muffin in them. With my "top" bulging out and all.... :whistle:
muffin.jpg

Siding shorts, compression shorts...didnt any of you guys play Baseball or Hockey? I been using them for uhm...let me see?? 40 years? yeah that's it..a long frickin time!

Excellent under leathers whether you wear the padded kind or not.

Siding shorts, compression shorts...didnt any of you guys play Baseball or Hockey? I been using them for uhm...let me see?? 40 years? yeah that's it..a long frickin time!

Excellent under leathers whether you wear the padded kind or not.

Well you know us youngsters like to think we invented everything..:rofl::rofl:

This is an interesting idea and as much as i will feel like a tool going in to buy them i am going to try. Thanks for the tip.

Back