I need help gsxr 1100 problem

1bad1300

Registered
Hey guys I have a 90-96 gsxr 1100 had to get a new generator for it installed it bike started still had it on the charger regular headlight blew out If the bike is running fine could there be a problem with wires maybe a short not sure so any ideas Cause I turned it off and it would not start maybe battery any idea would help

My last bike was a GSXR1100WP...and it had electrical problems. From what I've been told, most Suzukis of that era were prone to electrical failures.

Anyway, what do you mean by "would not start"? Will the engine turn over but not fire, or is it not turning over at all.
If the former, I'd suggest it may be that you need a new battery/alternator.
If the latter, you may simply have a blown fuse. If I remember correctly, if you turn the key and hear a clicking noise coming from the solenoid, it probably isn't a fuse.

Could be your stator or your regulator. Check the wires going to the regulator and see if they are burnt

Rainbow7: it will start when it is on the charger did that test today just replaced the generator starts but as soon as u. Pull it off charger lights get dim

Also when we pulled it of the charger was just doing a load test holding the brake turning on and off high beams the low beam light blew out could this have been a power surge or the fact that the bulb is old so goig to replace the battery to see if it is that the bike was on a dead batt for 3 month's while I hunted down a generator i am thinking that it went bad this bike is still new 1996 1100 with 2300 miles it was garage kept

But the bike still starts with a full charge so it's down to the battery so well see any body know the part number for the low beam light

Rainbow7: this bike is still new 1996 1100 with 2300 miles it was garage kept

there's your problem right there. It's a trophy, it doesn't need to run because nobody ever road it. Mechanical and electrical parts fail more frequently from no use then when they are used regularly.

If battery goes flat.....could be that the alternator diode set is faulty. Short circuit diode will cause the battery to discharge via one of the alternator windings. Open circuit diode won’t allow full output from alternator.
hope this helps!

If battery goes flat.....could be that the alternator diode set is faulty. Short circuit diode will cause the battery to discharge via one of the alternator windings. Open circuit diode won’t allow full output from alternator.
hope this helps!

Uh, welcome?

This thread is 9 yrs old so don't expect any replies to your first post...

Back