HID 3K or 6K which do you like better?

Amelio

Registered
I am getting ready to buy an hid kit for my ride and I am trying to decide on what color bulb? I have 6K hid's in my truck and I love them they are very bright and greta visibility.....my buddy with an R6 just put 3K's in his bike and he says they are awesome! So now I am trying to decide on which color........I passed my buddy the other week coming home from work this was during the day and that yellow 3K bulb just jumped out at me, very good during the day for other people to see you coming.

Has anyone used both colors? Pro's, con's I would like to hear opinions on the 3k's if anyone has them of if you have had both which did you like better and why?

thanks!

4300K will offer the the whitest light and look closest to OEM. It will also provide the best lighting. As you go up they look bluer and then to purple. In my opinion, 3000K needs to only be used as fog lights.

Some argue that you are more visible to others with the other tints. I'm not sure it is worth it. You are also more at risk for a citation with non-OEM looking lights. In some areas that is more of a problem than others.

I have 3k foglights and 4300 reg lights. The higher k actually can have less light output they only burn hotter for color from what I understand. I love the look of the 3k. But I would vote 4300.

4300K will offer the the whitest light and look closest to OEM. It will also provide the best lighting. As you go up they look bluer and then to purple. In my opinion, 3000K needs to only be used as fog lights.

Some argue that you are more visible to others with the other tints. I'm not sure it is worth it. You are also more at risk for a citation with non-OEM looking lights. In some areas that is more of a problem than others.

+1 i wouldnt go to high with the color, maybe 5000k max

like other's said, the 3K's are made to be used as fog lights...to each their own but the 4300's are the same color as the sun so oncoming traffic won't be as apt to see you if you are traveling with the sun at your back...i like the slight tint to my 6K's so they are more visible and they still put out approximately three times the amount of traditional halogens

Here's what 6000kv low beam looks like.
0725101721b.jpg

Here's the high beam. Also 6000kv.
0725101721a.jpg

And don't forget to change the parking lights to LEDs, while you're there.
They look horrible with HIDs and halogens.
Parklights.jpg

Back