Everyone, I need your help..!!!!

Deno_n_Philly

Registered
I made the first wrong thing, when I went cheap on my 08 busa exhaust.... I know, I know.. don't go cheap... its never worth it, but I had to...

I bought a slip on exhaust pipes from ebay.. danmoto pipes...

There are very nice, they sound great, the problem was the mid pipe got to hot. Someone on here told me to ceramic coated it, so I did.

It still gets hot...... what to do?

Do you guys who have yoshi, Vance & Hines... do your mid pipes get so hot you can feel the heat from the bottom of your boots?

So my next 3 steps are either 1) heat tape wrap the mid pipes 2) go out and get a new set of something better or 3) just learn to deal with it...

I need your guys help on this situation.... Please advise....

I have Yosh Rs3 full system, doesn't get hot like how you are describing,.... hope someone chimes in with a reason for the extra heat..

No heat issues with my Yoshi or the D&D before this, Id try the heat wrap first. Im sure ceramic coating would help, but that may be to expensive, if the pipes have this issue, may be other trouble later on. Wrap it up and see what that does for ya:thumbsup:

I messed up FastFrog.. u were right, i got it Ceramic Coated... not powder coated.. it was like $100 for the mid pipes to be coated... yes, still gets hot.. it was finally nice in Phillly last friday to ride and the bottom of my boots got hot...????? what to do???

I am thinking there is another issue going on.. it was only in the seventies in philly on friday... If your exhaust is getting that hot you may have another problem like running lean maybe? Hopefully someone else will chime in.. on another note I am sure someone will donate their stock pipes fairly cheap for you to try.

I am thinking there is another issue going on.. it was only in the seventies in philly on friday... If your exhaust is getting that hot you may have another problem like running lean maybe? Hopefully someone else will chime in.. on another note I am sure someone will donate their stock pipes fairly cheap for you to try.

Very true, what else ya got on the bike? Im not at all familiar with that brand of pipe, but most benefeit from a PC3,5 or a good tune.

I have done nothing else to my bike.. LEAN???? I just put the pipes on, had them put on properly at the suzuki shop, but did not get a tune up...

What is PC3,5?

Is there something I should have done, I did not do?

well you are basically running straight pipes/full exhaust with no extra fuel to compensate... that may not be the heat problem but it sure doesnt help... although I believe the factory cats are in the header so you may be ok.... Ill wait for someone else to chime in.

PC3 is Power commander 3, small computer that plugs in and adjusts the fuel/air mix. If your running lean, to much air, not enough fuel, hence hotter, that'll fix it. Just gotta download the correct map from thier site.
OR

Get it Dynotuned with a reflash. The reflash will do the samething, but rather than a piggy back computer like the PC it'll just change the bikes computer itself. Isnt Ricky Gadsons ship in Philly somewhere? They'd be able to do it for ya.

PC3 is about $300ish and an hour to install, dynotune will be a bit more, but will be a lil better. That said, ive got a PC3, many do and it works just fine. The dynotune will get ya another few HP.

The guy at the bike shop told me that all pipes have the heat problem and people just dont do anything about it... but i have never seen a busa with heat tape on it... should i just scrap it and buy a new V/H, Yoshi or etc... slip ons????? Or is heat tape even worth tryiing. I have to pay for them and then pay to have the bike shop to put them on....

We dont all have heat problems, maybe that guy and his friends do, but its not common around here or with my buddies.

If it were me, Id get different pipes and a PC3. May not be cheapest route, but it'll guarentee that everything is in order.

They are super easy to put on, few bolts and your done, but some folks just done\t like wrenchin, up to you.

Ride to binghamton with the new pipes in your backpack and ill put em on for ya:laugh:

Those are fine pipes, just as long as ya like the looks, there are alot of options from Yosh alone.

Here is a PC3, Hayabusa.org sponsors also carry em, So id buy from them, this is just a reference for ya.
2008 SUZUKI GSX1300R HAYABUSA Power Commander 3 USB - eBay (item 220731878883 end time Feb-28-11 09:42:03 PST)

I like these myself, available in carbon fiber too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yosh...6132650QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

So that item basically you hook up to your bike then your computer and it tells you what is going on and what changes you need to make? did i get that right?

Looks on exhaust.. anything looks better then the stock pipes....

So that item basically you hook up to your bike then your computer and it tells you what is going on and what changes you need to make? did i get that right?

Looks on exhaust.. anything looks better then the stock pipes....

Kinda, it'll tell ya what the Air/fuel is, then you give it a preset air/fuel map from the Powercommander website that suites the exhaust system better.

If you need slip ons. I have a pair of yosh tri oval slips. Stainless steel sleeve for $300 plus shipping. They have about 400-500 miles them.

Here ya go.

02ada71f.jpg

Back