The NEW Pashnit Busa!

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Special thanks to Mr Max for posting up a CL posting:

Here's an 08 with less than 1K miles.

Coincidence on top of coincidence. I was looking at Busa posting on CL & Cycle Trader as for away as Southern California, Nevada, Oregon, etc. Also looked at B-Kings, Speed Triples, K1200R, MV Agusta 750 F4 (beauty!), even a TL1000S in yellow.

Turns out this one was within walking distance of my mother-in-law. Drop all three kids off and go look at.

Sure enough, 974 miles, barely ridden, blue 08, bone stock other than $800 Yosh slip ons. Chain still has the wax on it, tires still have the nubbins on them. Garage tip over on the left side is the only downer so I need a left side panel. Woodcraft can fix the stator cover.

$8000. Hot diggity. Time to start making a list of stuff to change. Where to start...

new_busa_652.jpg

new_busa_739.jpg

Like it just came off the showroom floor. :thumbsup:

new_busa_608.jpg

Comin' home...

new_busa_886.jpg

new_busa_652.jpg

new_busa_739.jpg

new_busa_608.jpg

new_busa_886.jpg

thats a good find Tim, our very own Busa Picker right there...

Special thanks to Mr Max for posting up a CL posting:

Coincidence on top of coincidence. I was looking at Busa posting on CL & Cycle Trader as for away as Southern California, Nevada, Oregon, etc. Also looked at B-Kings, Speed Triples, K1200R, MV Agusta 750 F4 (beauty!), even a TL1000S in yellow.

Turns out this one was within walking distance of my mother-in-law. Drop all three kids off and go look at.

Sure enough, 974 miles, barely ridden, blue 08, bone stock other than $800 Yosh slip ons. Chain still has the wax on it, tires still have the nubbins on them. Garage tip over on the left side is the only downer so I need a left side panel. Woodcraft can fix the stator cover.

$8000. Hot diggity. Time to start making a list of stuff to change. Where to start...

View attachment 212298

View attachment 212299

Like it just came off the showroom floor. :thumbsup:

View attachment 212300

Comin' home...

View attachment 212301

Start with Chrome Wheels that would set it off! Nice bike, its pretty. However I am a Gen 1 fan myself but it is a very nice bike Congrats!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

I'll need to sit down and make a list. There's a laundry list of things I would change or don't like. This may take 2-3 years of modding I think.

Not a fan of the gold rims, 09's came with silver rims. Silver busa was my 2nd choice. Be nice to do a swap or find a set on ebay. I'm thinking to blue-silver the whole thing.

The stock rearsets look like something off of Thor's helmet. They gotta go. Vortex rearsets a good option. Or just go with some Oberon footpegs.

The front fender, I really like the GSXR1000 fender idea and the couple pics that members have posted up of these. Carbon fiber looks goods.

Dash panels have got to get painted. I hated the fugly crocodile pattern on the Gen-I, still don't like the black plastic.

Bagster tank cover would be a good idea. Stock windscreen has got to go. I have 9 windscreens for my Gen-I so you can imagine I've tried lots of them. Will need a set of black throttlemeisters. Maybe just put my silver ones on there from my other busa. Reflectors & stickers have to come off. I have a spare black Hot Bodies undertail. Seat needs a seat cover from Second Look or Luimoto, something.

Got some Galfer Wave rotors I've been saving for this. I think I will need to send them out to get custom anodized in blue carriers & blue buttons. Throw a wave rotor on the rear. Needs braided brake lines.

Rear stock sprocket is beyond ugly. Once you go SuperSprox, you can't look at stock anymore.

Need to put the Adaptiv Motorcycle Radar on there, or a cradle mount for the Droid. Plus a USB port from 3BR Powersports, need a electric vest outlet. Has an SAE outlet for the battery tender already. Plus need a Mini-USB power wire to charge the Droid and the GoPro HD.

Clearwater Lights have to get bolted on.

Need to add all the RAM Mounts for the camera arms.

Yosh pipes point upwards, not sure how I'm going to put the saddlebags on there. ???

Last edited:
Nice bike, Tim! You gotta lot of work ahead of you now. :thumbsup:

A step-by-step how to on the Clearwater installation would be awesome :poke: :laugh:

NICE!!! My Cortech saddlebags fit just fine with my Yosh R-77's Tim, you might not have a problem. Remember, the tail section is wider on the gen 2.

Can't wait to see it all done up!:thumbsup::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Back