Extended swingarm with extensions???

thduke1

Registered
Hey guys. I have a 03 with a 6 over swingarm and I am thinking about stretching it another 6 with extensions. Just wondering if there are any safety issues I should be worried about. Also, what size chain would I need? Thank you ahead of time for any and all replies.

6 + 6 = 12? :bowdown:

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

Bad a$$ bike!!! And just for the look. I don't ride hard and like the stretched look. I probably won't go another full six, probably around 3 or 4 more. But I will use 3-6 inch extensions. Just don't know if it will be too much strain on the extensions since it is already has a stretched arm.

prob not the best idea since the ext are made for a certain length and stock arm, you could sell your arm and get a six-twelve adjustable, cant imagine you would have much more into it than the 300 or whatever the ext go for.

threadjack.... why does a 240 need to be offset ? doesn't that put the front wheel out of alignment with the rear?? i really want a 240 kit and everything looks good except when I look at the bike from behind and the wheel is not centered with the tail.... anyway around that??

ok..back on topic..

threadjack.... why does a 240 need to be offset ? doesn't that put the front wheel out of alignment with the rear?? i really want a 240 kit and everything looks good except when I look at the bike from behind and the wheel is not centered with the tail.... anyway around that??

ok..back on topic..
Pm sent

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

My swingarm is the stock style.... Just six inches longer than stock. That's why I was thinking it would work.

I think if ya sold your arm and added the $300 for the extentions, you'd be darn close to the price another arm.

A 150 link chain is about 94 inches long, should help ya ballpark what ya need.

Cool... Thanks So....... Next question is....... Does anybody want a chrome 6 over swingarm? lol. And I guess even more important than that, how much do they go for?

Make it 8.53 + 2.27 s&h and you gotta deal lol. I am gonna do a lil looking and see if I can't find a good deal on a six to twelve If I do, are you serious about wanting it? Cause you have first dibs.

Make it 8.53 + 2.27 s&h and you gotta deal lol. I am gonna do a lil looking and see if I can't find a good deal on a six to twelve If I do, are you serious about wanting it? Cause you have first dibs.

Im affraid of chrome, once it starts, it takes over and destroys the wallet!!:laugh:

But thanks for the offer, Throw it up in the classifieds, im sure someone will scoop it up

Back