putting bike on stand..alone

jwest

Registered
dont know if this was ever posted...sorry if it was

well i have seen posts about stands and people worried about dropping thier bikes...well im 5'5" and 130 lbs...i dont have anyone around to help get the bike up on stands so this is what i do,might help some and adds security even if you dont have any problems with your stands...

i bought 4 porch swing ceiling hooks
added to beams in garage ceiling,1 hook per beam
use 4 tie down straps
""""the straps are NOT to support the bike,just stop tipover""""

what i do is place bike under straps that are hanging from ceiling
sit on bike and put up kickstand
take 1 strap each side and use strap loop over hand grip each side,snug up
do same with last 2 straps..
now do the back stand first
now when doing front just be careful,slowly lift,when done snug up straps..

heres a pic,not a great pic but gives you idea of what i mean
SANY0015resized.jpg

Don't know if it's a good idea to hang a Busa by the grips. Maybe some others will speak up, but I've read write ups where canyon dancers caused problems just strapping the beast down. Getting the Busa up on stands isn't that big a deal and is done better by one person IMHO. The front stand bothers me a lot more than the rear. After you do it a few times it comes easy.

He didnt hang the Bike by the grips. """"the straps are NOT to support the bike,just stop tipover"""" so they are not loadbaring. It looks to me like he has found a smart, careful way to put his bike up on blocks that compliments his relatively small stature (no offense jwest). Great idea and A++ for ingenuity.

Good idea.

If you do the Hump mod you can install the grab bar and use it to keep the bike stable while putting it on the stand.

that's the problem I have, noone around to help me and my girl can't even reach the ground while sittin on the busa so I have a rear stand and can't use it... if I had a place to put hooks up I would do what jwest did.

J bring that beast down here and I'll help ya!! How have you been?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just remember the rear stand always goes on first, and is the last off. It will pull the front of the stand if you put the front stand on first. Other than that, I do it alone all the time. Whatever you need to to do make yourself comfortable, do it. :beerchug:

Back