Bike for Sale

Someone needs to buy her so she can leave the garage. 128 miles on a 9yr old bike??? Poor baby has been abandend.......

I own this bike. Not this exact bike, but the same bike. Its an outstanding find with these miles. That price is very fair IMO.

NADA = $4,375.
KBB = $6,325.

Nice Busa, but I wouldn't pay any more than $5,100 for it. Just my 2-cents.

Reasons:
1. Poor economy.
2. Gen 1 sales are very soft right now.
3. Bike has been sitting a long time.
4. Not my favorite color.

P.

NADA = $4,375.
KBB = $6,325.

Reasons:
1. Poor economy.

P.

My thoughts EXACTLY! Who would pay that???? :rofl:

NADA = $4,375.
KBB = $6,325.

Reasons:
1. Poor economy.

P.

+1....but if he took 5 even for it....I would buy it. The hard part would be choosing which one to race lol.

I just went through an insurance valuation over damage done on my garage drop.

NADA, Kelly Etc. don't account for Special Edition colors. It is simply a composite number based on a lot of factors, but not necessarily, or not particularly, real world market demand.

The deal they offered me was cut a check for the value of a replacement bike (Policy terms). They suggested a value of 6200. To which I replied if you can find an 03 Copper in mint condition for that price, buy that bike and I will surrender mine.

The best they found was a bike in Brandenton, Fl. that was pretty much a comparable replacement, for $7K.

They decided it was in their best interest to pay for repairs instead.

If this bike was up for sale 10 days ago. I'd own it right now for the price they were asking.

You either like the color or you don't, but it is bloody expensive when you drop it. The color cannot be matched in a paint shop. The code is easy to match, the actual application is where it never matches the factory.

Personally I think the price is fair. You will not find many of this bike. 128 miles is as good as it gets.

Look at the prices of 99 Copper Top Busas. Wonder why the are higher?

There is a copper busa just like this one in the Ducati Dealer in Austin. It's priced at $7500. I think the copper color is considered limited edition just like how the white 09s have had their prices ramped up. Had to go to Oklahoma to get a white 09 at a good price. The salesman at the Ducati dealership used to have a busa and really misses his old one, he said if no one buys it in a few weeks he was going to buy it himself:laugh:
You can play hardball for a better price, but I don't think alot of folks who know what this bike is will go for it.

It still a 8 year old bike, I wouldn't buy it for that price, seen couple of gen II at the same price and some just lil higher.

Poor bike, why would someone buy it just to let it set. I would be afraid of it just because with stuff setting that long your seals can dry out and the fuel will gum up and tires could dry rot and get flat spots. Some people may think 7500 is a good price but after you pay to fix the neglect you could probably get one the has been ridden and maintained. Nice bike but I wouldn't buy it if the price was 4,000 even if I had the extra money. Neglect is just as bad as an abused bike you never know whats wrong or whats about to go wrong.

Did you see that the front fender was damaged????
How knows what else could be wrong.
Just because it only has 128 miles on it.

Did you see that the front fender was damaged????
How knows what else could be wrong.
Just because it only has 128 miles on it.

I see a sticker on the front fender. Damage? Ad says it is documented. I am assuming this is a legit ad for a legit description. As always Buyer Beweare but we are discussing price not whether its a crooked ad or not.

you guys are to judgemental, so the guy or gal didn't ride it. who knows the reasons behind it, all speculation. for example I know a dude that used to ride can't anymore, but is well to do off. he collects motorcycles because he can, he has alot of motorcycles, he goes out and starts em sit's on em, and admires them, but can't ride them because he physically cannot. Whatever makes the owner happy is the way I see it.

I'de rather pay a little more and get this one ;)
TURBO HAYABUSA {{ VERY CLEAN }} - $9200

And while I agree at this price its a screaming buy, I would however offer this. He claims 15K invested, and it has never been run or abused, yet it is clearly set up for the strip and shows a picture of the bike doing a burnout.

Not that that in itself is abuse, but why drop 15K, then do nothing with it, then sell it for less than 10K?

I'd be more leery of this bike than an all stock with 128 miles.

Back