Hayabusa track bike

pan

Registered
Hi all. I've been MIA for a while but after a couple of "friendly reminders" (got PM's on other forums from .org friends) I thought I'd let a few people know about what I've been up to...

Basically, I made this:

PanPIpic021110.jpg

Raceready.jpg

ontrailer.jpg

smallBusaready.jpg

...and I'm about to add this to it:

CFgoodies3.jpg

:thumbsup:

Want to, but have not had a chance yet. It seems easy enough, but still not done! :banghead:

Did you paint or powdercoat the hubs on those BST's, or are they avaulable in black now?
The bike looks awesome too:thumbsup:

nice bike! how does it do against the smaller bikes?

would love to see how much that thing tips the scales at.

It goes well, but a lot depends on:
(a) rider skill
(b) rider skill
(c) rider skill
(d) the tightness of the track
(e) rider skilll

I was at Eastern Creek, which is a fast track with long straight bits, so it did well.

Regarding the weight, still haven't had a chance to weigh it...

Every picture you're leading the race. Wonder why? :bowdown:

...or every time I was about to be lapped! :rofl:

Hubs are black because they are "race spec" not "street spec". That's the way they are :thumbsup:

I never knew that there were two versions. Do you know what the differences are? Thanks, and again, awesome looking bike!

Race hubs are magnessium...street are aluminum.
Posted via Mobile Device

So just a little less weight(and bigger price:laugh:), but is the magnessium considered less durable for street/constant everyday use? Or is the aluminum just a way to make the wheels a little more affordable for the general public? I ask so many questions because one of these days when I can swing it, I want a set. Thank you both:thumbsup:

I have two sets...one for my Gen1 and one for my CBR1000...I use both bikes as track bikes. The aluminum is more durable...when I bought them the price difference was about $400 a set...the weight difference is only about 1 ounce and that weight is in the hub...not worth a extra $400 to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back