Extended swingarm or no?

StrtRac3r

Registered
So I like to go to the drag races at least every two weeks and I was thinking about about a 4 inch extended swingarm. Would That make a good difference or no?

And how badly would that effect everyday rideability and the occasional ride through the mountains?

Thanks for any advise in advance.

I have it out 8" and lowered , love it but yes , it does affect the curves . 4" wouldn't be bad if you don't lower the rear much . It will help your lanch ALOT !

There have been multiple people on this site stating that they have seen no difference in handling. I am sure the farther out you go, then yes of course you will, but 4 inches prolly not.

you change geometry at all, youre gonna affect rideability for better or worse. you may just not ride it hard enough to tell, which you prob shouldnt on the street. i have mine 6" and down 1.5. its very noticeable. you could get an adjustable arm stock to +4 and set it to your liking.

I've had bikes with +4 arm's and couldnt live with them on the street.
Busa's are on the long side to start with, if your into chasing Sportsbikes
it'll really spoil your day, if your a bit more relaxed or out to pose its
do-able.

No one on here can give you a true answer.
Only you know how hard you want to push through the corners,
how much your willing to sacrifice,
how much it will piss you off,
You might not notice, you might hate it (I did).

All true, I guess worse comes to worse I can get a set of those quality bolt ons and see how they feel. (I know alot of the cheap ones aren't really for riding much). At least that's cheaper than investing the time and money into a full swingarm.

I am getting the extensions for mine but I am mostly a touring type person, not racing nor chasing down squidlies lol. I should have clarified that in my earlier post sorry.

The bolt ons from what a lot of people are saying seems to be the way to go like you said without buying a whole new swingarm. There are a few that are better then others but look to spend between 350 and 600 depends on what your getting and if it comes with everything you need like new chain, brake cable, chain guard.

Ballz has a good deal going on right now with a bundle package.

I did the Dragon on with a 6 over 240 rear and still enjoyed, tho it took a little.more.effort to make it corner.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Back