A pic of my ride today....hooboy!!

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Well, it's not quite as bad as it looks, but darn, I had a wicked ice cream headache for the first ten minutes of the ride. Then I almost lost it at my first intersection,sand,sand,sand....note to self....back brake......

I was out for about 2.5 hours,temp,with windchill prolly about -5 or so....

IMG_1553.jpg

You are one tough lady Lori, no.way I'd be out with those temps.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Nice,Hope you had some heated gear.

No, no heated gear.....tank top,t-shirt,2 thermal tops,fleece sweater,winter riding jacket. Two pairs of long johns,fleece lined Icon jeans, two pairs socks .Balaclava under helmet. I DO have heated grips though....:laugh:

Shoulder checks were a chore from all the gear.....

Silly!! THATS my winter bike!! I also use it for track in the summer. She is a sturdy old girl, and yes...it DOES look like a toy,doesn't it?

Of course I still have the busa....... I don't want it to get all crudded up riding at this time of year. Plus a wonderful Org. member ( cough...cough...Fastfrogg.....:laugh: ) has been collecting assorted parts and stuff for me so I need that stuff before I can ride it.

Silly!! THATS my winter bike!! I also use it for track in the summer. She is a sturdy old girl, and yes...it DOES look like a toy,doesn't it?

Of course I still have the busa....... I don't want it to get all crudded up riding at this time of year. Plus a wonderful Org. member ( cough...cough...Fastfrogg.....:laugh: ) has been collecting assorted parts and stuff for me so I need that stuff before I can ride it.

Well that's better :laugh:

tank top, t-shirt weather for sure :laugh: then I read on 8 pair thermals, 6 jackets, starting to remind me of the kid in the Christmas Story :laugh:

We are getting a warm day tomorrow (11C) but I wouldn't even consider going out even if I had my baby out of storage as they have used so much salt on the roads this year it would be scary taking any kind of corner or curve. I'm hoping I might get my first ride in by mid March if spring comes early this year....we will keep fingers crossed and gear at the ready. Keeping the interest alive by ebaying....latest is a dark smoke shield for my Arai...should be here in a few days.:thumbsup:

Back